“Great home cooking” 5 of 5 bubbles

Steph's Southern Soul Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Dade City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lakeland, Florida
“Great home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Steph, would love to have you open a place in Lakeland, we drive to Dade City just to eat at your place.

Fort Meade
“The Real Dinner Deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had been looking for a verrryyy good restaurant and The Lord knows I just found it in LiL old Dade City, Florida. The food was awesome, the service was with a smile, I was greeted like they knew me and that they were expecting me. My Pastor and I really enjoyed everything that we ordered, Oh and the carrot/raisin was just the way it was supposed to be.

Dade City, Florida
“Great Southern Comfort Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Went here because of reviews on Tripadvisor. This is a small place and the food is served to you cafeteria style. Don't help yourself. We went on a weeknight, early dinner. We were greeted immediately with a booming "Welcome to Steph's" We got in the short line and waited patiently. It was 4-5 minutes before we were served. They seemed shorthanded as there was a nice young lady serving, possibly a new hire, and an older woman running the register that I assumed to be Steph, who didn't appear to be very happy. One other woman in the kitchen, I think. Fried chicken, tips, and chicken and dumplings were our entrees and were very good. All the sides we had were good too. Some other new people came in later and sat at a table. We weren't paying attention, but it took another customer to instruct them as to how the place works, rather than one of the staff. Customer care could have been better this night, but the food was very good and we will return. I hear that it is very busy on the weekends, and they are only open until 7. There was several takeouts while we were there too, if that's an option for you. If southern comfort food is your passion, try this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Spring Hill, Florida
“Each and Everything We Ordered was Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Steph's food and hospitality made my husband and I very happy. We ordered and enjoyed the fried chicken, the beef tips with gravy, ribs, and meatloaf, plus we sampled the chicken n dumplings - All Excellent. The sides we picked were a rice casserole, green beans, mashed potatoes and squash casserole - Delicious. We also got a corn muffin and a biscuit - Light and Fresh. Husband ordered an Orange Crush and I had Mango iced tea - Yum. Steph was friendly and had us feeling like we were in her home. The waitress was congenial and attentive. The bathroom was immaculate. We enjoyed everything so much that we decided to have coffee and dessert. The Blueberry Cobbler with vanilla ice cream was Perfect. We are looking forward to bringing the rest of our family there.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best food! Best hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

My family and I went on Mother's Day it was phenomenal! Best fried chicken and great BBQ ribs! The homemade strawberry shortcake was amazing and the staff were so nice! We are going back today!

• Visited May 2014