“One of our family's best experiences ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Giraffe Ranch

Giraffe Ranch
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Dade City
More attraction details
Owner description: Go on a high-quality, guided safari on a working exotic game ranch in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of our family's best experiences ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family says the Giraffe Ranch was the highlight of our Florida trip. The guides were the actual owners with decades of experience who also lives on the ranch. What I was most impressed about was their friendliness throughout our visit. It had to be the cleanest zoo I've ever seen. You were able to get close to all the animals, esp. hand feeding the lemurs and giraffe's. It's hard to find a learning experience that's also entertaining. My daughter (wants to be a vet) loved to ask questions and learned a lot during the tour. I've never commented on anything before, but felt I should share our wonderful experience.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Gregg R

Spring Hill, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Greatest Experience Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you read the negative reviews you will find that they are not about Giraffe Ranch at all and are more about the reviewers Groupon experience. They should not eve count! This place is awesome and I am already planning on returning there. Yes, it is somewhat expense but it is an experience you will not get elsewhere. We had a party of 4 ranging from 88 y.o. to 36 y.o. and each of us loved it. The 2 seniors took the truck safari and my niece and I took the camel safari. We were the only 2 on camels and so we had Elaina and Omar's complete attention. It was like our own personalized private tour. The camels were NOT uncomfortable. If you had not ridden a bike, or a horse in a very long time it would feel the same when you got off. While there I got to pet a hedgehog, hold a 2 week old piglet, kiss the most wonderful camel in the world (Doofus) right on the nose and pet and feed giraffes! I got up close to many, many primates and zebras and ostriches and just too many to list. I learned so much. It is a very educational tour but is not boring. Lets not forget feeding the Lemurs! They are so gentle and soft and adorable! If you miss this experience it is your loss because it is just awesome!!!
BTW, Elaina is the sweetest lady and those that said she was rude on the phone are crazy or had to be rude first. I had not one negative experience here!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank ChicagoTrvlgrl
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Unforgettable Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

THIS PLACE CREATES LASTING MEMORIES, we are proof! Our kids still refer to our ranch visit. My family and I visited the ranch a year ago (end summer 2012). It is one of our favorite places we've been. For that reason, I feel I should write about it, even after visiting a year ago. It was so worth the cost!!! LOL, I just realized my FB picture is of myself and son at the ranch!!! You get amazingly close to so many animals. GREAT for pictures! For most websites, my profile picture is an adorable close up of a giraffe I took at the ranch. He got really close...kissed my other son. It was quite an unforgettable experience. YOU MUST FEED the LEMURS! They were so very worth the extra $20/person. The camel ride was cool. I'm glad we did it, however; we will skip it next time, now that we've done it I feel like we can remove it our list and move on. But the lemurs and the ranch ride...we will do again and again!!! You are really out on a "safari" open land with the animals...so many different kinds. The guides are friendly and extremely knowledgeable! I'd recommend this to all ages for all groups of individuals...You'll have an unforgettable day!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank pugkisses
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fun day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The price is a bit high but it is totally worth it. You get to be a lot closer to animals here than at the zoo or Busch Gardens. If all you are going for is to feed Giraffes then I'd suggest Busch gardens but that then becomes more costly. This place is to see many animals. The guide was very knowledgeable and can answer almost any question. The tour in the truck was nice. Everybody will get a chance to feed the giraffes but with some of the other animals it just depends what side of the truck the go up to. We went with a group from The Villages which was nice. If you do the camel ride, be aware that you will be out in the sun most of the time so wear a hat and sunscreen. If on the truck if you sit on the left side you'll get to feed the Giraffes first. If you are on the right side you'll have to wait and rotate. This was a great thing to do as a couple outing for the day.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank midas81
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A day to be remembered!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was an amazing experience. I thought the reviews were exaggerated, but not at all. I was fascinated by the whole thing. Money spent here is far better than Busch or any of the other themed parks. I will definitely visit the Giraffe Ranch again!!
This is REAL not a theme park. The are no cartoon characters just honest people who love their animals and know them inside and out. I was spell bound with the information provided. The enthusiasm and heartfelt passion is beyond words.
You have to feed the Lemurs...OMG they are adorable, gentle and entertaining.
If you're looking for an "on hands" time, this is it. If you're looking for bells and whistles and fireworks then....go somewhere else.
Ramona