“An Unforgettable Day”
Review of Giraffe Ranch

Giraffe Ranch
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Dade City
More attraction details
Owner description: Go on a high-quality, guided safari on a working exotic game ranch in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Unforgettable Day”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

THIS PLACE CREATES LASTING MEMORIES, we are proof! Our kids still refer to our ranch visit. My family and I visited the ranch a year ago (end summer 2012). It is one of our favorite places we've been. For that reason, I feel I should write about it, even after visiting a year ago. It was so worth the cost!!! LOL, I just realized my FB picture is of myself and son at the ranch!!! You get amazingly close to so many animals. GREAT for pictures! For most websites, my profile picture is an adorable close up of a giraffe I took at the ranch. He got really close...kissed my other son. It was quite an unforgettable experience. YOU MUST FEED the LEMURS! They were so very worth the extra $20/person. The camel ride was cool. I'm glad we did it, however; we will skip it next time, now that we've done it I feel like we can remove it our list and move on. But the lemurs and the ranch ride...we will do again and again!!! You are really out on a "safari" open land with the animals...so many different kinds. The guides are friendly and extremely knowledgeable! I'd recommend this to all ages for all groups of individuals...You'll have an unforgettable day!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank pugkisses

Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fun day”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The price is a bit high but it is totally worth it. You get to be a lot closer to animals here than at the zoo or Busch Gardens. If all you are going for is to feed Giraffes then I'd suggest Busch gardens but that then becomes more costly. This place is to see many animals. The guide was very knowledgeable and can answer almost any question. The tour in the truck was nice. Everybody will get a chance to feed the giraffes but with some of the other animals it just depends what side of the truck the go up to. We went with a group from The Villages which was nice. If you do the camel ride, be aware that you will be out in the sun most of the time so wear a hat and sunscreen. If on the truck if you sit on the left side you'll get to feed the Giraffes first. If you are on the right side you'll have to wait and rotate. This was a great thing to do as a couple outing for the day.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank midas81
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A day to be remembered!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was an amazing experience. I thought the reviews were exaggerated, but not at all. I was fascinated by the whole thing. Money spent here is far better than Busch or any of the other themed parks. I will definitely visit the Giraffe Ranch again!!
This is REAL not a theme park. The are no cartoon characters just honest people who love their animals and know them inside and out. I was spell bound with the information provided. The enthusiasm and heartfelt passion is beyond words.
You have to feed the Lemurs...OMG they are adorable, gentle and entertaining.
If you're looking for an "on hands" time, this is it. If you're looking for bells and whistles and fireworks then....go somewhere else.
Ramona

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ramona0815
Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Animals Up Close and Personal”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I took my grand kids and they loved it. The lemur exhibit was extra but well worth the expense. They got to feed them and one even climbed onto my grandsons shoulders. This was a very educational experience.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Djinkster
Naperville, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went to this attraction today and it went beyond our expectations. It was so enjoyable. The couple who run this ranch were so knowledgable and entertaining. We learned so much, yet it was so fun too. We loved all the up close and personal encounters with the animals. Go!!!! All animal lovers should definitely check this out. The animals are extremely well taken care of. And Grub, our canine co-guide, is a sweetie too.

Visited August 2013