“This place is amazing!! Just like going to Africa”
Review of Giraffe Ranch

Giraffe Ranch
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Dade City
More attraction details
Owner description: Go on a high-quality, guided safari on a working exotic game ranch in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This place is amazing!! Just like going to Africa”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I found this place on Groupon and it was a great deal and a wonderful place to visit!! We did the safari in the 4 wheel vehicles (you can also do it in camels) and we paid $20 extra to feed the Lemurs. We were the only ones to do this in the group and it was the highlight of the day!! It was an experience I will never forget. For a couple hours, I forgot where we were and felt like I went to Africa for the day. The tour is fun and informative and I love what they have done to this place!! Go! You will not regret it!

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Ashley S

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“It was a great experience.”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We took the camel adventure. They were very sweet, warm and fuzzy. We toured the ranch and saw zebra, ostrich, wart hog, oryx, bonga and one loan roan among a mix of cattle and donkeys. The tour guide will explain the reason for the donkeys. We fed the lemurs and the giraffes. This was way cool.

1 Thank Hiawaffe
St Petersburg
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Giraffes and sooo much more!”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a pricey place to visit, but well, well worth it if you like animals and want to do more than stare at them though cage bars. We rode a camel, hand-fed lemurs, got a toe nipped by a tortoise, fed giraffes and got pecked by an ostrich. In a few hours I felt as though I had been on an African safari with an expert guide. I highly recommend for older children and adults.

Visited November 2011
7 Thank StPeteNative
Plant City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Very knowledgeable owners give you an up-close and personal tour with an amazing variety of animals -- lemurs, tortoises, dexter cattle, oryx, antelope, pygmy hippos, axis deer, zebras, monkeys, farmstock (chickens, geese, horses, goats), and of course, the giraffes. Better than any zoo to see these animals in a mostly natural state in their own herds. As a former zoo employee and current rancher, I was so pleased to see happy animals in great health in wonderful, safe surroundings, with outstanding care. A real treat! Just a reminder to bring cash (no credit cards) to pay the sales tax on Living Social or Doubltake Deals, along with extra cash for camel rides, lemur feedings, and gift shop items. Next time I will take the entire ranch tour via camel (although the tour vehicle is very spacious and comfortable). It will be worth the price for an amazing experience. Kudos to the hard-working owners. You can tell they really care about their critters.

Visited October 2011
15 Thank ematulich
Tampa, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Wonderful kept secret”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My family and I visited Giraffe Ranch after I got a great deal off Living Social. We fed lemurs, had a camel ride, fed birds, fed giraffes, & took a wonderful safari like ride throughout the ranch. The owners were very knowledgeable and pleasant. It is expensive for a family but with the deal I scored, it was well worth it. We had a wonderful day and would highly recommend it!

Visited September 2011