“The "Pearl" is truly a hidden gem.”
Review of Pearl In The Grove - CLOSED

Pearl In The Grove
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Iola Rd.
Description: Elegant, hand crafted foods and boutique wines are the focus in this relaxed and intimate 40 seat dining room, just north of Tampa in charming Dade City. A winding bucolic drive through orange groves, hills and cattle ranches, this is an unexpected haven away from congested cookie cutter Florida. The Pearl in the Grove is a European bistro with Panhandle roots and definitely an experience worth the drive out of town. The experience is many things at once: ancestral Southern with hints of Creole, a dash of Western European simplicity, easy Sunday suppers served family style, luxurious, leisurely Brunch. Wine pairing dinners. Craft and local beers. Simple ingredients feel sophisticated but fun and effortless, like the New Orleans heritage jazz that plays in the background. The Pearl eschews trend and tricks in favor of a more refined nod to cooking that’s never pretentious, just honest. An unwavering commitment to local farm produce and regional ingredients like local cheeses, hand picked organic micro greens, kumquats from the grove on the corner and local beef and pork from heritage stock-- Proprietors Curtis and Rebecca Beebe know great food and their passion is evident. Informed by world travel as military kids, they both learned techniques from their mothers. Cook with what’s indigenous to the area in the regional style. Chef Curtis watched his mom forage and cook with local produce from Northern Africa, Germany and Japan. Rebecca’s sharp eye comes from a long line of low country Alabama fishermen, farmers and restaurateurs. This sparked a well balanced culinary marriage. When settling back into the towns that arc the Gulf of Mexico, they started to hone their unique regional style and wanted to bring it to Central Florida. Louisiana to Apalachicola. Rural, not country. Leisurely, not casual. Accomplished, reserved service. Genuine hospitality. Careful cooking with lots of panache. Served in a warm and intimate dining room. Just right.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

the Pearl in the Grove is nestled in the rolling hills of St. Joe. If you aren't in the know you won't find it, and then will miss one of those special meals that you'll always remember. The owners, Curtis and Rebecca, understand food and the joy of eating locally grown, well prepared food. From their appetizers to their desserts everything is served w/ penache and flavor. Try their wines and craft beers while you are there. You need to try this local favorite that was rated tampa Bay's best new restaurant 2012.

1  Thank Linda8956

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

To describe the Pearl in the Grove with one word would be class. I ordered the pasta with seared steak and veggies. The steak was so flavorful it could stand on its own and the pasta was hand rolled! Our server Irene took very good care of us. She knows and understands how to pair a great wine with the right food. I felt very happy and satisfied when I left. I give the Pearl in the Grove and the service an A+. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Brandi32
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We took my parents to Pearl in the Grove last Saturday night for dinner - we wanted something quaint with good food, that had a little atmosphere. We got exactly that - it's a charming old house with a white picket fence. I personally recommend the biscuits and white beans - delicious! We also had the cheese plate for an appetizer. At first I was against it - you can get that anywhere - but we were told the cheese was made locally and it was indeed fresh and wonderful. My dad is a grits lover but he didn't care for his - made with a red sauce. The dessert was scrumptous - a warm pumpkin spice "muffin" with fresh whipped cream and sauce. The staff was attentive and pleasant. We had reservations for 5pm when they opened and already 2 other tables were full with parties of 6 or more. It's a small place so I do recommend reservations. It's a little pricey - we spent $160 + tip, which included 2 bottles of wine. Only downfall, it's off the beaten path and not in downtown Dade City so we couldn't walk around afterward, but well worth the drive.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for brunch. What a great find. The food here is incredible; some of the best food we ever had. The chef is originally from Louisiana. Fantastic server. We will definitely put this restaurant on our radar to stop again when we are in this area.

1  Thank WorldTravelers34
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our first experience and was plesantly surprised! The only item that we didn't enjoy was the Gumbo. My husband loves spicy, but this was very dark and missing taste. The pasta and steak entrees were deliciousl! I am surprised that another reviewer hated the okra, because it was fantastic!! I had never eaten okra that wasn't fried and it was the best ever!

By the way, when I ordered the steak the server explained the differences in the steaks and recommended that I order the grain fed steak and it was amazing! The portion sizes were so large that I was able to eat the meal for lunch the next 2 days! We had the chocolate torte for dessert and it was to die for!!

A little pricey, so we will save this for special occasions! Wonderful experience!