“A wonderful change from Tampa”
Review of Kafe Kokopelli

Kafe Kokopelli
Reserve with OpenTable
Kafe Kokopelli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Dade City
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Dade City Florida, Kafe Kokopelli resides in a 101 year old red-brick, vine covered building that was constructed in 1916. Originally built as a Model-T Ford Sales and Service center it was home to the local Ford dealers until the mid 1970's. Saved a few months from demolition, the building was restored and converted to house what is now Kafe Kokopelli, a favorite of locals and visitors from all over the country.
Dade City, Florida
“A wonderful change from Tampa”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

While growing up in Dade City, the building that houses Kafe Kokopelli was known as Hale Ford. It was the Ford dealership around. If you observe the flooring, you'll notice how uneven the floors really are, which is very old concrete that has buckled over time. You'll even notice the ramp ways that served to drive cars into the back where the mechanics worked. The "Kafe" opened for business in 1995ish by the Greenfelder's. They're a wonderful family that loves Dade City. The restaurant's menu offers many "off the wall" and unusual offerings. This is not a fast food establishment as I was advised my Glenn and Gale. Gale is the decorator. The menu offerings are all wonderful, the wine list is complete and the beer is cold. Don't rush this experience. You'll remember this place and will tell your friends.

• Visited May 2014

Dade City
“Glad we tried it again”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We live only a short distance from Kafe Kokopelli and never think to go there. I think partially it is because we have some other places that we think of first and the last time we were there (a couple of years ago) it was quite frankly, not very good.

Well we recently received a gift card from one of our friends for Kafe Kokopelli and so decided to give it a try. We are really glad we did! We started with the She Crab Bisque. This is a staple of Kokopelli's and should not be missed. It has never disappointed. Just love the stuff. After the soup came the incredible main courses. I had the rabbit and my wife had the Salmon. Both were done to perfection and the presentation was very appealing. The Rabbit was out of this world. A little of that gamey flavor but not strong at all. Step out and try it; you won't be sorry.

We decided that the deserts sounded so good we would try one. The server rattled off everything from Strawberry and rhubarb cobbler to Goat Milk cheesecake. We opted for the Pistachio browning and home made pistachio ice cream. This was the only disappointment of the night. They drizzled chocolate syrup over the ice cream and that was all I could fast. The brownie should be a "blondie" because the flavor of the chocolate is too strong to taste the pistachio. I figure that anyone (like me) who orders pistachio anything really likes it and would want to taste pistachio and not chocolate. Oh well, I will go back soon and try something different. But get the rabbit!

Shady Hills, Florida
“Dade City's Secret Gem”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We dined at Kafe Kokopelli on a Saturday evening; four of us who are always looking for a unique dining experience. We found it here, with the right combination of great food, congenial wait staff, and a relaxed, unrushed environment.
Our server, Blake, was knowledgeable and funny, adding to our overall pleasant experience. My wife had the Bananas Foster, expertly prepared tableside. Braised Short Rib & Beer Cheese Nachos were truly delicious, as were the Local Fried Gator nuggets. Two of our party, myself included, had the swordfish, which was perfectly prepared. If we had a single complaint among us, my wife chose the Smoked Eggplant & Mozzarella Ravioli and found it to be more of an appetizer than a meal, and she's a fairly light eater. I had a taste and it was very tasty.
I would highly recommend Kafe Kokopelli, and we will return.

Tampa, Florida
“great chef, food and service”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Amazingly talented and creative chef. The food is beautifully presented and delicious. The fresh mozzarella and heirloom tomato salad is the best I've ever eaten. Great entrees and desserts. Everything is created on the premises using fresh local organic produce and ingredients when possible. The servers know the menu and provide the excellent, friendly service. Can't wait for my next meal there.

1 Thank Floridagirl44
Zephyrhills, Florida
“A nice little secret!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you are in the Dade City/Zephyrhills area be sure to stop in at Kafe Kokopelli. The menu is always fresh, and the SheCrab bisque is to die for. They make their own sangria (both red and white), and it is always cold. Be warned that when they sell out of something, it is gone for the day, so get there early. You will not be let down.

• Visited December 2013