“Best restaurant in the lower Keys”
Review of Square Grouper

Square Grouper
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Cudjoe Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Innovative fresh local seafood. House Smoked Fish Dip is phenomenal, a definite "must try"!! Our Conch Chowder and our Key Lime Pie are also something you should not miss. We also have a great Square Grouper Fish Sandwich, 16 oz Grilled Ribeye (Certified Angus Beef!), Salads and lots of small plates to share...Flash Fried Conch with ponzu and wasabi. We are open on Mondays from the last week in December thru April! We close every September from the Sunday AFTER Labor Day and reopen on the Thursday BEFORE Columbus Day Weekend.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We go to this restaurant at least twice every time we visit the Keys. Everything is top notch from the food to the decor and very clean which is sometimes hard to find in the Keys. The menu is very extensive from salads to fish and beyond. Be sure to try the meatloaf, it's the best ever.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

As as 15 yr. local have tried it 2 times. Was not impressed the first time at all...just a tin building the only atmosphere I could see were the candles on the table. Very closed in with just a few windows. The food was just average. I always give a restaurant a second try, still not impressed...when I pay these prices I want good food and atmosphere!!! Like the new Kiki's which has it all.....

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I have driven past this a million times and never stopped, because it's usually closed since the have strange hours. This time I was lucky enough to stop and boy am I glad I did. It was amazing! The decor is super cute and modern and the staff is very friendly. We came and were greeted promptly and sat almost instantly. I literally wanted one of everything on the menu. Everything was simple but had a little twist to it to make it different. We got crazy tater tots appetizer and was not but we expected but so delicious. I also got the eggplant fries and again not what I expected but delicious!! Can't wait to go back and try some more things, just wish I would have had room for dessert.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Recently visited the Square Grouper while staying on nearby Summerland Key and the restaurant was amazing! Great food, gorgeous decor and good service were all experienced by our large group of 12 diners. Everyone in my group thought their dinners were perfectly prepared and delicious, and we all wanted to come back for another visit before our vacation ended but unfortunately we ran out of time. The cuisine is imaginative and delicious, and the restaurant had a sophisticated but funky vibe that I really appreciated! Definitely would visit this restaurant again!!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Just a great place , been many times. Great atmosphere, wonderful service, phenomenal food. Have never had anything that wasn't first rate. Get there early or be ready to wait. Pricey , but well worth it, and no worse than multiple other places that cannot hold a candle to the quality. Attention is paid to every detail. Only wish they had a full bar.

1  Thank c w