“We ALWAYS stay here”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Crystal River
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Rooms are always clean, staff super friendly. We stay about 1x a month during season. It is an older hotel, no frills, but for the money you can do any better in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2009

I stayed at this motel while doing consulting work at the nearby power plant. The location was ideal, as I expected to start working early and get back late. Otherwise, this motel is a little far away from town.

The place is a dated, but not overly so. The rooms were pretty basic, but clean. There was some sign of mold and mildew in the bathroom, but I've come to expect this in many of the older Florida motels. The AC worked well, although I only used it at night for some relief after working all day outside.

The previously mentioned problems with wireless access do exist. I had some problems with reception, but it seemed to work better if I kept the laptop on the table instead of on the bed.

The breakfast was a spartan affair: some dishwater coffee, a few muffins or doughnuts, and some pieces of fruit.

This isn't a place to spend a week with the family, but if you're just passing through or working in the area, and don't need a lot of frills, this will do just fine.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This was the worst place we have ever stayed! They simply lied about havi ng breakfast or wireless. The room did not even have a phone or an alarm clock. Our "non smoking" room smelled like smoke and mold was all over the bathroom ceiling! The microwave was nice until it started sparking and then broke completely. The front desk people were not at all helpful and rude. They said we could just checked out if we did not like the room. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank love2travelArk
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I am a stickler for truth in advertising. There is a huge sign just before you get to the Econo Lodge saying " Free Wireless Internet". There is nothing. I was given a story a that it is very hard to get wireless or internet. Give me a break. I stayed there awaiting taking a house we have rented. I am writing this review on wireless connections about a block away. They also advertise breakfast.......the night manager was overheard saying " just coffee and juice" as the owner doesn't want to serve breakfast. I will be contacting the Econo Lodge corporation with a complaint. Shame on you!

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CatMa26
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I know it is the busy season , but our stay at the Econolodger was not acceptable. The room was clean, spartan , and inexpensive. But, we had a confirmed reservation for a non smoking room, with small pet. We had the smelliest, smokers room I have ever been in! The dog slept up against door hoping to get a breath of fresh air. We showed the hotel clerk our confirmed reservation for a non-smoking room,when we checked in and her response was sorry ... you have to take what you got!

Staff was unhelpful and unapologetic even for their mistake, and not very friendly at all. Stay elsewhere if you can,

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank testdiver
Reviewed June 23, 2008

For £30 a night you really can only hope for somewhere clean to lay your head for the night. This is what you get with a proffessional welcome and nice pool to cool off in too.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 25, 2007

On arrival we asked to look at the room and that was enough, luckily we arrived early and was able to cancel ,but nothing would have made us stay in such a run down filthy DUMP.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family