Plantation on Crystal River
Best Western Crystal River Resort(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
$127
$108
BestWestern.com
Econo Lodge(Crystal River)
$59
EconoLodge
$72
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
$108
$85
King's Bay Lodge(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
$90
Hampton Inn Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
$169
Hotwire.com
$66
Official Hotel
1,736 results
All reviewsgolf coursedive shopgrounds are beautifuladventure centermanatee tourcaptain rossshuffle boardsunset cruisewet suitsmain buildingwater viewold floridahot tubscallopsgreat weekendmusty smellthree sisters
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband I stayed here last Sunday. We were pleasantly surprised upon entering our room. The hotel is old but well taken care of. The rooms were large & beautifully appointed. The rooms obviously have been recently updated. Granite & tile in the bathroom. Very spacious room with very nice furniture. The bed was very comfortable but glad I brought my own pillows. As is common today the beds contain those very small pillows but there are plenty of them which is a plus. The room was very clean. They provide Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner & soap.

Our dog was also welcome with a $25.00 non-refundable fee, which is reasonable. She enjoyed her stay too!! Plenty of grassy areas for her to sniff out.

The hotel is located on the Crystal River canal which leads out to where the manatee feed. As we were walking down by the canal we saw a manatee feeding right in front of us. I've never seen a manatee so this was very exciting for me. I've always wanted to see manatee.

That evening we ate at Crawdaddy's which is located across the main highway in Sweet Water shopping plaza. I had the crab legs & my husband ate the fried clams. The food was good, the service was great & reasonably priced.

Wish we could have stayed longer as we were very comfortable in our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor facing the canal.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place is most likely the nicest hotel in Crystal River, but the bar is set pretty low. Yet this is still a very nice hotel by itself, just a bit dated. Everything was very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the restaurant on location is superb. We visited for the manatee tours and having a dive shop co-located with the hotel was wonderful, especially for the early tour times. I recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some water views are not that special. Make sure you ask before spending the extra money.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom B
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here in early December 2013 during a manatee trip. Our room was large, comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The pool and hot tub was clean and the water temperature was perfect, we spent a very relaxing rainy afternoon in the hot tub after snorkeling. The food in the dinning room was very good, much better than the few meals we had in town and the service was excellent. They made great martinis in the bar. We will be staying again next December. We have found our go-to hotel while in Crystal River.

Room Tip: Get a patio room facing the river, mornings there were lovely and relaxing.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ohsnapanm
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I came here for one night during our Christmas vacation to get away from the kids/pets and have a night alone. I must say I was pleasantly surprised from the moment we opened the door to our room. It was quiet a bit more spacious than it looked in the pictures and had nice little touches, like makeup remover wipes in the bathroom and antique looking furniture, that got my attention. Not to mention it was clean... I mean really clean. I work at a hotel and know the corners that can be cut by housekeepers but I didn't find any which made me feel even better and let me rest easy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside facing the water
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsBrandiB
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The entrance to the Plantation Inn was beautiful.The lights for Christmas added to it. We were greeted at the front desk by a girl who was not the friendliest. No smile greeted us. I loved the bartender Michael. He was so friendly and helpful answering all our questions.Kudos to you Michael. We stayed in the Rose building. It was the last building down. Upon entering the lobby area of the Rose building we observed many stains on the rug. Our room was nice and clean, but that too had stains on the rug. The drinks at the bar were very reasonable, but the food was a little pricey. Had a very nice time at the Plantation Inn on Crystal River.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends