We had ’an offer we couldn’t refuse’ via one of the many hotel sites, and went to Plantation Inn and Golf Resort with no knowledge of this hotel what so ever apart from the pictures.
And they did not lie and it was a good offer.
The hotel itself is a bit bigger than anticipated but well kept.
The main building is quite like an old antebellum house with a large hall and adjacent restaurant and bar, and a southern courtesy that boded well for the stay.
The check in was fast and professional and even though our room was situated the farthest away from the main building parking is right outside the annex.
The room was spacious and clean and - contrary to comments in other reviews - no smell/odor what so ever. A door lead to a small patio where we could walk out and sit and watch the river – and the manatees that was passing by no more than60 feet away – awesome!
One thing regarding the room: The walls are VERY thin and everything that happened in the room next door could be heard – yes EVERYTHING ;o)
The Tiki bar at the pool is great to visit when you’re relaxing at the pool, because of their nice drinks/food but especially because of their very good service.
The bar is also open to the public, and thereby also the pool, which can lead to some noise and commotion and therefore the quiet you expect to find at the resort sometimes is non-existing.
The bar at the hotel is great for a drink ( and snack ) especially when there’s a game on, and the prices are, from my point of view, not that high – we paid 19 bucks for two beers and two large drinks – I find that cheap for a night at the ’town’.
The manatee tours must be experienced – we went for a great boat ride where we had so much super information about the manatees, the environment, the surroundings etc. from the captain – a really great tour – don’t miss out on that one.
All in all, a very nice, clean and spacious resort which we can and will recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Plantation on Crystal River A hidden gem located on the Nature's Coast of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico, our beautiful 50-year-old eco-friendly and green luxury resort hotel's surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay. This bay, in Crystal River, is one of the largest spring systems in the state and home to more than 500 West Indian Manatees that migrate each year to the warmth of the springs. We sit on 232 acres of lush preserve land with emerald greens and grand oaks, and house hundreds of birds and wildlife that include: Osprey, Sandhill Cranes, Blue Heron, Red-Bellied Warbler, Yellow-Bellied Warbler, Neotropic Cormorant, Great Egret, Eagles and Grey-Horned Owls to mention a few. OUR HOTEL IS THE PLACE TO STAY & PLAY IN CRYSTAL RIVER, FL Centrally located from Tampa and Orlando, we are a great location for your next • Florida vacation • Corporate Meeting or Retreat • Florida golf vacation • Incentive Group • Florida Wedding • Family Reunion • Fraternal Groups Should you have frequent business in the Citrus County, we have corporate rates available. We have over 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor meeting space and beautiful outdoor locations with water views a great backdrop for your special occasion, team building event, or to simply relax and take in the Florida Sunshine and perfect weather. Remember to visit Spa Bleu at Plantation while staying at the Resort to experience a moment of wellness at our first class Aveda Spa. Offering facials, massage therapy,body treatments, Vichy shower, pedicures, manicures, and a full hair-care Salon. And don't forget we are a world class fishing destination as well. Our Adventure center offers guided fishing charters as well and many other water based activities. Including our Trip Adviser top rated "Swim with the Manatee tours". We are the place to play and stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Plantation on Crystal River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation On Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Resort Crystal River