We stayed at this hotel for one night, as part of our 13 day fly drive tour of Florida in mid-May, booked via Allied Tpro.
Our two story apartment was across the street backing onto the practice range of the golf course. A very pleasant outlook and away from the main bustle of the hotel. The only slight snag was that it was a 250 metre or so walk back to the main hotel/restaurant and pool.
The bedroom, tv and bathroom/shower were upstairs with plenty of room for storage and the main living area, table and chairs, tv and kitchen plus another bathroom and shower were downstairs, There was a deck, with table and chairs at the back overlooking the gold course. The décor and fiurnishings were reasonable.
We ate an evening meal in the restaurant and breakfast next morning which were both very good and reasonably priced.
The pool was large but slightly crowded and as noted from another reviewer, it is open to the public which would probably explain why. The spa was also crowded so we didn’t get into that. We did see manatees in the river adjoining the pool area.
We did experience some noise from mowers on the golf course at 6.30am but otherwise our accommodation was very quiet.
There is free wi-fi in the front lobby/bar but unfortunately the system wouldn’t connect for my pc (only problem on all of our tour). I did get front desk to help as well but as we were only there one night, it was not a problem.
We would probably return again we when next visit Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Plantation on Crystal River A hidden gem located on the Nature's Coast of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico, our beautiful 50-year-old eco-friendly and green luxury resort hotel's surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay. This bay, in Crystal River, is one of the largest spring systems in the state and home to more than 500 West Indian Manatees that migrate each year to the warmth of the springs. We sit on 232 acres of lush preserve land with emerald greens and grand oaks, and house hundreds of birds and wildlife that include: Osprey, Sandhill Cranes, Blue Heron, Red-Bellied Warbler, Yellow-Bellied Warbler, Neotropic Cormorant, Great Egret, Eagles and Grey-Horned Owls to mention a few. OUR HOTEL IS THE PLACE TO STAY & PLAY IN CRYSTAL RIVER, FL Centrally located from Tampa and Orlando, we are a great location for your next • Florida vacation • Corporate Meeting or Retreat • Florida golf vacation • Incentive Group • Florida Wedding • Family Reunion • Fraternal Groups Should you have frequent business in the Citrus County, we have corporate rates available. We have over 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor meeting space and beautiful outdoor locations with water views a great backdrop for your special occasion, team building event, or to simply relax and take in the Florida Sunshine and perfect weather. Remember to visit Spa Bleu at Plantation while staying at the Resort to experience a moment of wellness at our first class Aveda Spa. Offering facials, massage therapy,body treatments, Vichy shower, pedicures, manicures, and a full hair-care Salon. And don't forget we are a world class fishing destination as well. Our Adventure center offers guided fishing charters as well and many other water based activities. Including our Trip Adviser top rated "Swim with the Manatee tours". We are the place to play and stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation on Crystal River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation On Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Resort Crystal River