We stayed at the Plantation Golf Resort and Spa this month and I'm afraid to say I thought it looked a bit shabby and past its best.....they do have a board in the lobby area showing the improvement work that is to take place..so hopefully it will soon be back to top form.
An overpowering smell of Lysol greeted us as we entered the lobby, prompting the youngest member of our group to ask if we were staying at a retirement home...and it did have that sort of feel ( I have nothing against retirement homes...I just don't want to stay in one quite yet ! ). The check in staff were friendly and efficient...but the present layout of the hotel meant that to reach one of our rooms we had to trek (with our luggage) to another wing...then go up one floor in the alarmingly ricketty lift and then trek all the way back on the 1st floor. All three ice machines were not working during our stay, so there were long trips to the bar...down the corridors that were very remeniscent of "The Shining"...However, it has a great location on the river, and the pool and bar are great for people (and boat) watching...we were there during scalloping season so plenty of guests could moor up outside their rooms, so if you can wait until the work is finnished I'm sure this will be a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Plantation on Crystal River A hidden gem located on the Nature's Coast of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico, our beautiful 50-year-old eco-friendly and green luxury resort hotel's surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay. This bay, in Crystal River, is one of the largest spring systems in the state and home to more than 500 West Indian Manatees that migrate each year to the warmth of the springs. We sit on 232 acres of lush preserve land with emerald greens and grand oaks, and house hundreds of birds and wildlife that include: Osprey, Sandhill Cranes, Blue Heron, Red-Bellied Warbler, Yellow-Bellied Warbler, Neotropic Cormorant, Great Egret, Eagles and Grey-Horned Owls to mention a few. OUR HOTEL IS THE PLACE TO STAY & PLAY IN CRYSTAL RIVER, FL Centrally located from Tampa and Orlando, we are a great location for your next • Florida vacation • Corporate Meeting or Retreat • Florida golf vacation • Incentive Group • Florida Wedding • Family Reunion • Fraternal Groups Should you have frequent business in the Citrus County, we have corporate rates available. We have over 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor meeting space and beautiful outdoor locations with water views a great backdrop for your special occasion, team building event, or to simply relax and take in the Florida Sunshine and perfect weather. Remember to visit Spa Bleu at Plantation while staying at the Resort to experience a moment of wellness at our first class Aveda Spa. Offering facials, massage therapy,body treatments, Vichy shower, pedicures, manicures, and a full hair-care Salon. And don't forget we are a world class fishing destination as well. Our Adventure center offers guided fishing charters as well and many other water based activities. Including our Trip Adviser top rated "Swim with the Manatee tours". We are the place to play and stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation on Crystal River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation On Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Resort Crystal River