“It's a ok place”

Days Inn Crystal River
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Crystal River
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I guess it's what you make of it, and what you pay for!
But my stay wasn't that good at all, after considering, I traveled far to enjoy myself and swim with the manatees.
This place really needs updating.
Problems with the toilet not flushing down, then you call front desk and they tell you they can move you to another room, or you can come get plunger and do it yourself.
Next night, a fight breaks out in the parking lot, you again call front desk, nothing is done, at 3:15 am the fight has gone inside the hotel room at this point. Which sounds like someone is being killed and you call front desk again. So with only 3 hours of sleep and having to travel that morning and hoping that no one was killed in the room next you. I did complain again the next morning, and was told that they were sorry! I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: you pay for what you get... A bed to rest your head
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Charles E
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had to clean the microwave and counter before use. Our first assigned room wasn't cleaned even though we checked in after the posted time of check in. Front desk was okay with service. Location was good. No breakfast which was a surprise for a Days Inn. Overall a fair experience. Not great. Worth the $60 we paid I guess, but not a penny more.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

A good three star hotel. Room was clean, bed and pillows were comfortable, no odors, room equipped with a small refrigerator with freezer and a micro wave. Electrical outlets worked. Surprisingly in many one, two or three star hotels it is common tthat one or two outlets don't work. I now carry with me a power strip when I travel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert O
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed for a week in early October. The room was definitely old, but we were figured that wasn't a problem and the rates were reasonable. However, you get what you pay for. One night in the middle of NCIS, the television sound went completely out. We called the desk and were told that the clerk was the only one there and could not leave the desk. There wasn't a spare TV and that the only thing she could do was move us to another room. We did not want to move as we had unpacked and were tired. The TV was replaced the next day. Then I decided to go to the pool. While swimming I saw something in the water. It turned out to be a baby frog. I scooped it out with the skim net and began to swim again. Two more frogs sent me out of the pool for good.

There are always large service vehicles parked in the parking lot and the owners of the vehicles are not very courteous. They park on the parking lot behind the regular parking. This isn't a problem if you have a small car, but if you have an extended cab pick-up, you have to pull back and forth several times to avoid hitting these large vehicles. I would not stay there again. There are other better motels available for the same rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We've stayed here before. The rooms are older, but well maintained. I like the courtyard feel to the pool area. It's convenient to have a refrigerator in the room. Behind the hotel is a boat launch to go and look at Kings Bay. There are often business vehicles parked at the hotel, I think some rooms are rented on a long term basis to on the road employees. We had no issues with noise when we were there during the week.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
#7 of 9 in Crystal River
Dinner Bell Motel
Dinner Bell Motel
#2 of 3 in Dunnellon

Been to Days Inn Crystal River? Share your experiences!