Don't expect a highly polished, high drama resort, and you should be happy. Rooms are spread across a few buildings with two floors, and most have exterior access. The property is typical of this part of very-small-town Florida with palms, Spanish moss, casual outdoor dining nearby, and a serene view over Kings Bay close to the Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge.
You come here for the fishing, bird watching and the manatees which are attracted to the copious amounts of fresh water gushing from springs into the salty bay. There is no beach as the Springs Coast is characterized by marshes, estuaries, and spring-fed tidal creeks, some of which have crystal clear water -- perfect for diving or snorkeling.
The hotel has a small pool by the water, a hot tub, and there is a dive shop, dock and boats on premises. On a previous trip, we ate at their restaurant, but it was closed this time. Other restaurants are immediately next door. The hotel welcomes pets.
Our room was large, clean and had a safe and easily-controlled heat and air. The decor is old fashioned, and the beds were a bit swaybacked (although still comfortable and had a pile of pillows), but our room was well maintained. Rooms have wired internet.
It's a comfortable family-run establishment, more like a motel with added amenities, and we stay there each time we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooks the Crystal River, and has a dive shop on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Crystal River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Crystal River Best Western