“Manatee Snorkeling Trip!”

American Pro Diving Center
Ranked #10 of 52 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Owner description: American Pro Diving Center offers guided Crystal River dive and snorkel Manatee tours for over 18 years in florida. Our snorkel with manatee tours are guided by in water professional divemasters and is just one of the reasons we received many awards from state and local educational systems as well as the National Geographic Dive Center Award from PADI and National Geographic. Experience manatee tours with all the comforts that a five star facility has to offer in Crystal River, Florida.Our trips are successful because the dive masters educate on the manatee and the manners of being in their environment while on the manatee snorkel tours. The guides enter the water with you so that both you and the Manatees have a safe and enjoyable time even if you are new to snorkeling. This can be the experience of a lifetime on our Crystal River manatee snorkel.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My 9-yr-old daughter and I spent a (cold!) March morning on our 1st manatee snorkeling trip with American Pro Diving Center [APDC hereafter] in Crystal River, FL. I've been scuba certified for years, so have experienced many different dive shops. The trip was an absolute blast, and I'd recommend APDC to anyone!

All the staff were great, from retail area reception/check-in to wetsuit fitting to captain/divemaster. All manatee etiquette/rules thoroughly discussed, safety concerned addressed, etc.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Appreciated Mike's help (being an untalented snorkler) and getting to touch a manatee was SO cool! Everyone takes care of you and you get all the equipment you need!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Grreat experience for the 2 of us and our 2 young grandsons! Saw lots of manatees, even a mom and nursing baby, and were able to swim alongside several, even touch them - the highlight of the day! Our guide Zack was terrific - even brought the hot chocolate to warm us up after our swim. I would highly recommend purchasing the underwater video that Zack takes while you concentrate on the manatees - lots of shots we would never have otherwise of all of us. We'll be back.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Took the early 7 am snorkeling trip out to Crystal River Springs. Captain was informative and stressed the importance of how to enter the water and remain calm, which was needed on our trip as there were many children.
He also stressed the rules around interacting with manatees, which as an animal lover and conservationist was well appreciated.
He continued this information while he showed us the manatees in the water.
He brought us to two different locations to see the manatees and were were able to see about 6 of them up close. You might say, that is not many, however people have to realize this is not a zoo, and the manatees come to interact with us when they want.

The reason I had chosen this outfitter was I was planning on scuba diving. But due to a sinusitis I was unable to do so. I cancelled my dive 3 days prior to my booking and I must admit this company was very understanding about it.

It is true that on this Crystal River snorkel trip the equipment is not included, thus you do have to factor the gear rental into account if you do not have your own. $29.50 plus gear (~$30) so you are looking at $59.50 for a 3 hours activity. I found the $29.50 acceptable however did find the gear rental expensive.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My dad and I took this same tour fifteen years ago and came back to do it again. The whole experience was worth the money. The tour guide was very knowledgable and helpful. There were so many manatees and getting to be in the water with them was incredible.