“Just like Grandmas...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 7, 2018

Good breakfast spot, fast and friendly service. Big helpings. My eggs were done to perfection, the biscuits and gravy were the best I have ever had.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food, fantastic and friendly service, fair prices, and plenty of good old down home southern cooking. I always get the two fried pork chops. 3 or 4 vegetables and cornbread. I am a very good scratch southern cook and I cannot cook pork chops this good. Perfectly battered, mpist, tender and perfectly seasoned. The fried green tomatoes are oh so yummy, not mushy, crunchy, delicious and I could easily eat a double portion, turnips are well seasoned, not bitter, not stringy and with the mile high cornbread WOW!! My one complaint is the CANNED green lima beans, they are terriblr--yuk yuk. The baked beans are full of meat and not overly tangy. Love my meal.

The eggs over easy, ham, grits or home fries and biscuits are poetry on a plate. Largest ham steak in the state. It covers a plate and is yummy yummy on my tongue and in my tummy. Cannot wait to return

Reviewed October 26, 2018

My wife and I visited this restaurant for breakfast on Friday, October 26, 2018 – her birthday. We were promptly seated and discovered items that we desired from the menu – she wanted a ham and cheese omelet with home fries and I opted for Grannie’s omelet with grits and wheat toast. Add in the coffee – decaf for my bride and regular for me. All were delivered in a reasonable amount of time and our waitress was very good at returning at regular intervals to ensure that all was okay. Overall the food was good, the service was excellent, and the experience was fine. The restaurant was nothing to RAVE about, but, still, very good for a diner. I would recommend it to all who are not expecting a fine dining experience.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Friendly and quick service. We love this breakfast place. The food has always been good. Can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Great half pound cheeseburger and fish sandwich. Breakfast special also good. May have to wait to be seated as it is a popular place.

Date of visit: February 2018