“Good food and good prices!”

Grannie's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stopped here for breakfast while visiting the area. My husband and son both had waffles and they were perfect. Nice and toasty on the outside but soft on the inside. I had eggs with onions and peppers, home fries and a pancake. This has been one of the few places I have seen that you can get a pancake, toast, or biscuit as your bread option. Would have liked my onions and peppers to have been sauted more but all in all a good breakfast, served fast and at good prices.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a run-down looking little hole-in-the-wall that packs 'em in. If your doctor has convinced you that your cholesterol is too high, stay away! If he hasn't convinced you yet, come by and try some bread puddin' (I dare you!).

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is a tiny local yocal diner serving Country deliciousness. They are only open for breakfast and lunch (til 3pm). This place was packed and the crowds kept coming. My husband and I sat at the counter rather than wait in line. The waitresses are friendly and have a little southern twang. They have a decent size menu plus a TON of specials!

The food came out super fast and there is a lot of it!
My husband had the Cheesesteak and potato salad. I had a special: BBQ Pulled Pork over Rice w/ 2 sides. I chose carrots and baked beans. Then I also got a piece of cornbread. Oh my goodness, SO MUCH FOOD. The baked beans were delicious, the carrots were not overly sweet, the pork was flavored nicely. My husband enjoyed his as well. We then ordered Apple Cobbler ala mode. This was heaven on a plate.

This meal was very inexpensive as well. I would definitely recommend going to Grannies!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Big portions, fresh made breads, great value, and fantastic service. All around a great place to eat. Most orders are enough food for two people. What a nice surprise to find this place.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Breakfast lived up to the high expectations TripAdvisor reviews led us to expect. Biscuits and gravy were as good as the best, but be warned -- a HALF portion brings 3 large homemade biscuit halves topped with generous ladles of pork gravy. Enough to last a lumberjack until supper. Bacon and sausage patties were tasty and grease-free. Pancakes were excellent.

Grannie's real treasures are the customers seated at the counter, most of them locals the day we chatted. Good reasons to move to Crystal River after retiring in New Jersey? Best fishing guide on the Gulf? Best manatee tour? Tax holiday for hurricane supplies? Get the answer to these questions and more from new friends at Grannie's Country Cookin' counter.