“Nice location!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Crystal River
Aarhus, Denmark
“Nice location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Old rooms, the air con unit in our room was a loud nightmare!
Elvis stayed here once but he would not stay here again.
Parking is free, the swimming pool freezing!
Nice view from the deck, sunset,dolphins seacows and some boats!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Aaberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Room was just fine. Old but can't beat the price and pet friendly. Nice morning view of the bay and manatees swam around the dock every morning. The lady in the office was as friendly as she could be. The Ale House has great cheeseburgers and cheese steaks. The Ale House Staff could not have been any friendlier. The hindu looking man that sat in the back seemed pretty cool too.
Did a manatee tour at the dive shop and saw at least a hundred of them. Great boat captain took us all over. Saw a dead rat in the grassy are outside my back door.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimchristy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin, I have stayed here numerous times over the years and I went out of my way! To get my family members to say here, I talked the place up, based on my previous stays, big mistake! I can not believe how they have let this place go! I reserved 2 rooms, 1 of the rooms was ok, the other one 1 which my husband and I took because I was so embarrassed, was a dump! On the boat side above the dive shop I could not believe what I walked into, very disappointed :( I'm not a high class person by no means I know you get what you pay for, in this case that statement can Not even explain the horrible room we had, they state they are pet friendly absolutely Not!!!! The Employees at the Ale house are rudest people I have ever meet and I work in that industry, they missed out on a lot business being rude!! I was double charged for a pet fee, my 4 lb. dog stayed in 1 room and that room was flea infested and smelt horrible (pet urine), FYI, a pet fee is to clean a room after a pet has stayed there, I personally use pet pads as a back up, wish more owners did. We had a drunk couple next to our room that fought all night, when I mentioned it at check out she was not surprised by It, that's sad!! Well, I know I will never return and that's sad because I really really use to love this place, its sad how they have let it go over the years!!! I truly hope you guys get it together and put money back into investment!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Roxanne S

Travelers are raving about these Crystal River hotels

Lady Lake, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Horrible experience. First of all the hotel is super run down and poorly maintained. Our fridge and microwave didn't work. There solution was to use an extension cord. They did not offer us a different room. We were stuck at the hotel as maintenance kept coming and leaving the room.

We ate at the restaurant. The food was way over priced and was awful. I sent back my grouper sandwich. Which was one of the worst things I have ever put in my mouth. The manager came out and was very confrontational. They charged me both for the nasty sandwich and what I ordered afterwards to eat (chicken strips). During our stay in Crystal River and Homossasa it was the worst food we had.

To top it off. The hotel rooms do not have safes. We went down to the pool to swim and got robbed. The staff was super rude. Nobody came to our room to talk to us about the situation. It was not addressed by a manager. We called the police and did a police report. Having to spend an entire evening dealing with that. And of coarse our money was not recovered.

Do not stay here!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Jeppsen
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

So my family stayed here despite the questionable reviews because I've always been concerned that negative reviews were just kinda mean-spirited. I've learned my lesson. Yes, the place is super old and the beds and carpet are not nice at all. The air conditioning is a wall unit, very loud. But these are not the real problems. My husband and I both had bites all over our torsos when we woke up. We were of course terrified that these were bed bugs and worried about bringing them home, contamination, etc., but I've come to the conclusion they were probably only fleas. Much less distressing conclusion, but still... I will trust reviews from here on. We definitely paid for my original dismissal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank shellywhen
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel may not be the prettiest Bell at the Ball but as they say, location, location, location. This is old Florida living. The bathroom tile is pink/green/blue and cracked, the walls have poorly repaired patch work but it is clean and comfortable. What makes this hotel is the view. It sits right on the water. EVERY room faces the water and is quite and quaint. There were no kids running up and down the halls because there are no halls. If you can over look the old, tired building and enjoy the surroundings then this is the place for you. If you want 5 star, go up the road and pay for updated tile and pristine walls, lol

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

If it were just the location, I would give this a solid 5 stars. However everything said by previous reviews is true. I originally was booking a room for myself and just needed somewhere inexpensive to lay my head at night. Having read the reviews I decided to take my chances. Then my parents as well as my sister decided to come along for the weekend. I hoped it would be suitable to all and was pleasantly surprised to find 2 bedrooms; one with a double bed, one king, separated by the shared bathroom. A small patio looking out onto the water is reached through sliding glass doors. Although the rooms were outdated and dingy, the bedding and towels were clean and the housekeeping staff was quick to supply extra towels when requested. The beds were made when we were out for the day. I never saw any bugs within the rooms. A fridge would be a great addition but they do have a restaurant on premises so I see where they would rather you eat there. There are plenty of great restaurants nearby as well. My family and I enjoyed our weekend here overall. Stay away if you're used to the nicer hotels but if you don't mind a step up from roughing it, you can't beat the location and price.

Room Tip: Even the ground floor rooms required climbing several steps so it was hard on my mother who has mobi...