“Came in from the rain for lunch”

Charlie's Fish House
Ranked #18 of 109 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The soup was fantastic but at 5.99 a bowl it was sticker shock. My husband had stuffed talibut and it was very fishy. He had a salad which was nothing special and homemade blue cheese and it was runny and average. I had the lobster wrap and it was average. I had green beans for a side and they could have possibly come from a can. We finished it off with mango lime pie. My husband said it was fantastic and I said it was just ok.
All in all I thpught it was fine for an average lunch seafood restaurant but nothing fancy for sure. The food hit the spot for sure as we were hungry.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were very upset about the service here. The waitress was rude and never smiled. She acted as if we were a bother to her. Other waitresses appeared to also be unfriendly.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We visited on the recommendation from some friends who were traveling with us. They are incredibly picky eaters, so we tend to visit places that they like so we don't run into challenges.

That being said, I felt that the food was a bit on the average side. I do like that they offered all seafood selections to be either broiled or fried (with a bit more of a wait if you wanted broiled). My shrimp were adequate, as were the french fries they were served with. Nothing terribly salty, but also nothing terribly flavorful either. Perhaps I should have chosen something else...

The view was lovely. We had a window seat that overlooked the boat launch area, so people watching was a good way to pass the time between ordering and arrival of food.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

The conch fritters are almost as good as in Key West. The dining room overlooks a small marina and river which always seemed to be a hub of activity.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

When the wife I are want seafood, we normally end up here. The restaurant is very well lite and the seafood is always good. My wife loves to get the Stone Crab claws when they are in season. I love the fried oysters. They have indoor and outdoor seating with views of the bay. I would recommend reservations if you want a window seat at supper time.