“Expecting more, but OK”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Expecting more, but OK”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a run down little place on the main drag that has been there forever. Positive recommended by others. The problem was that it was mediocre in a community that has better places to eat. The food was OK. My Oysters were greasy and they should drop the salad bar. Service was good but this place needs a renovation. Only a few parking places. Weird gator appetizer- not recommended (I am a veteran fan of this specialty and it was prepared in small bits and pieces that could have been just batter drops.)
There are 10 or so other competing establishments near by and I wish I had tried another.
HOWEVER, I live in a seafood town, and it is normal for tourist places to be substandard. I think Crystal River caters to tourists who don't really know great seafood and who are satisfied with what they get. Most probably most never come back because of the multiple options. Oysters seemed to have a local crowd. Prices were good and quantity was a value. I am just picky when it comes to seafood.
Too bad it's not on the water and they don't step it up a notch. THE FRIED CHICKEN looked great.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank sokemike

Inglis, United States
“Good food but a little over priced”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very nice restaurant. The food was good and the collard greens were excellent. I thought the place was a little over priced in comparison to other places in the area.

Visited June 2014
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Breakfast to die for”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stopped by little place on the recommendation of my hotel receptionist. The food was fantastic, the portions very generous and the prices down right cheap.

I had the fish, eggs and grits and I can honestly say that the fish was the best fried fish I have ever had. I only wish I was still going to be in the area for lunch so that I could have gotten a full fried fish meal.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a great meal at a great price.

• Visited June 2014
Dunnellon, Florida
“Fish To Die For”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The best grouper sandwich I have ever had in my life. They also had great "cheesy grits". Got to love the south. Service was very good and the place was very clean.

Visited May 2014
Lantana
“Just plain Good!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a great place for down home Southern cooking.. Every time we go I take home extra hush puppies.. A Must Stop for seafood and fried chicken!

Visited March 2014