“No Surprise”

Seafood Seller & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family based cafe.All our products from fish, chicken, steaks are all fresh and prepared to order.We donot take reservations however our turn time is fairly quick.We have been known to stay open late to feed our guest.Please come give us a try .We also have a retail market so you are able to buy fresh seafood to go.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have known owner Jimmy Stoltz for ages, and when I visited the Seafood Seller in the Crystal River Mall it was no surprise that the food quality and taste was amazing. He is a bonafide Cajun, and has been involved in the restaurant and seafood business most of his life......and it shows. I think the most notable thing about the Seafood Seller is the quality of the seafood. I am also involved in the seafood industry and can tell you that the VAST majority of seafood restaurants do not serve fresh and local American caught products (even if they claim they do).....this place really does. Jimmy's seafood broker background, and personal Louisiana connections allow him to serve quality products at a fair price, not to mention downhome recipes that you would have a hard time finding outside the heart of the bayou. Do not pass by because of the mall location, this is by far the best restaurant in the area. If you like grouper this is the only place to go, Jimmy Serves Local Caught Scamp Grouper, which is somewhat unknown to the majority of the public, but any seasoned fisherman can tell you it is heads and shoulders above any gag grouper that you will find. Keep up the good work, It is nice to find a restaurant in the area that is worth going to.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I consider myself a shrimp connoisseur...and I've had it at almost every restaurant in Citrus county....this, surprisingly was some of the best Ive ever had! I had the shrimp grilled, with a side of beans and rice. Both were flavorful, good portions and seemed fresh. Great price......considering what I usually pay for a dinner! Try it Crystal River, even worth a trip to the mall!

1  Thank Tgirl2013
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I decided to eat lunch at the mall due to the great reviews we read online re
Seafood Seller & Cafe. My husband had the Crawfish PoBoy w/Hush Puppies as a side and
I had the Grouper Sandwich w/Cabbage Salad as a side. He had never had crawfish before and
couldn't stop raving about them. They were fried into bite sized pieces and combined with tomato
slices, onions, pickles and covered with a great spicy sauce in a roll. The Hush Puppies were among the best I had ever had.
My Grouper sandwich was great too, but was a little hard to hold together with all the tomatoes and pickles (I declined the onions), but I'm not complaining ! I wasn't too crazy about the cabbage salad, as there was more white than green cabbage in an oil and vinegar dressing.
We plan to eat there again the next time we travel to the mall.

2  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The food is so good! I wish they offered some sort of combination platter where there could be 3 or 4 different things on it. By far, the best red beans and rice I've ever had. I also had the oysters which were perfect and with a kick, but not too much. Would prefer they had a nice little place away from the mall, but, who knows, they could wind up saving the Crystal River Mall! The staff were very intent on pleasing their customers. I can't wait for my next trip to this wonderful seafood place!

2  Thank Susan E
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just happened to be at the Crystal River mall with my wife today. Decided to get a bite to eat. We ordered here and got much more than we ever expected ! One of the best Shrimp poor boys that took me back to NEW Orleans ! Chock full of tasty shrimp.....The red beans and rice were to die for..The clams strips and fries just as good.The staff eager to please and very friendly....I see them quickly outgrowing this space with too many customers once this secret is let out...