“great shrimp & friendly staff”

Seafood Seller & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Crystal River
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a family based cafe.All our products from fish, chicken, steaks are all fresh and prepared to order.We donot take reservations however our turn time is fairly quick.We have been known to stay open late to feed our guest.Please come give us a try .We also have a retail market so you are able to buy fresh seafood to go.
florida
“great shrimp & friendly staff”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant is currently in the food court of the Crystal River Mall. You order from the counter, and then eat at tables in the food court. They told me they are in the process of building a seating area and getting a beer/wine liscence.

But this is definately NOT typical mall food court food.

The "Yankee" Chowder is New England style and it was delicious. Lots of clams. They garnished it with scallions on top and it was a really nice presentation. I am from New England so I'm pretty picky about my chowder and seafood in general, and this chowder was good!

I also had the oysters, and they were very good, too. There was a choice of sides, and I picked the Cajun corn. That was very good, and my friend and I both liked it very much. Plenty to share.

My friend had the "sellers' shrimp" which is their specialty, it's shrimp cooked in beer & butter. It came with nice fresh bread and a big container of the butter sauce to dip the shrimp & bread in. The shrimp were good size, the sauce had quite the kick to it! We really enjoyed that, and will get that again, for sure!

They get live crawfish there, and on the day we were there; a batch was just finished being cooked. The owner insisted we try a few, on the house. Which was very nice!. Now, I have had crawfish before and I like it, but it's just too damn much work, lol! However, since the owner peeled a few for us specially, I tried them and them were very good.

Anyway, it was a great meal, and we will go back for sure. I will probably get takout next time and/or wait til the seating area is done. I don't love sitting in the food court, I'm sure it will be much nicer once they have the seating area done and wait service, rather than counter service. Overall, delicious food!

• Visited July 2013