“Great day”

Ranked #7 of 52 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Family Adventure Charters specializes in Private Manatee Tours, Fishing Tours, Dolphin Tours, Kayak Rentals Eco Tours. Family Adventure Charters can accommodate large groups for specialized tours. Reservations recommended, but not required. Walk-ins and last minute tours requests are welcome. The boat is has an on board rest room & changing room. The boat is also pet friendly, child safe, handicap accessible.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a great morning out with Captain Tim in a small group. Our group had two young children on it and he was delightful and patient with them. Captain Tim is a lovely man who provided us with great information and advice about how best to interact with the manatees. He took us to a place where we saw lots of manatees and at no point pressured us into feeling we had to rush and leave before we were ready - that was much appreciated as we had one manatee who got up very close and personal and it was an amazing experience that we didn't want to end. I can't imagine him being anything less than delightful and would recommend him to anyone who wants to get out to see the manatees.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We took our two small children (7 and 9) and he was great with them. He was patient and courteous. Can't imagine him screaming like one review suggested. He was helpful and educational. We haven't tried other tours there but ours was a positive experience.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Captain Tim was great. He got me in best spot to see manatees and gave me directions entire time. He knows how to get them to interact with you. I learned alot from Captain Tim about manatees. He knows alot about them and the bay itself. I got to play and swim with as many as five at one time. The boat and equipement was clean and safe. I will definately be doing this adventure as often as possable. I cant think of anything that could make my trip any better. I cant wait to bring my freinds with me next time I go. Its the best. Thanks Captain Tim.

1  Thank Jody M
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I hae lived in Crystal River for about 18 months.Our grandkids came to visit last week.We took them on a manatee trip with Cpt.Tim.The grandkids and us had a great time.Cpt.Tim was very informative on what to do with the manatees.We stayed out for about 3 hours and saw several manatees.The boat was very clean,the wetsuits were furnished,Cpt.Tim was very professional.The whole trip was very fun and educational.Cpt.Tim took time to really work with the grandkids on how to swim and have fun with the manatees.Anytime I have guests visiting I will recommend Cpt.Tim and his manatee tours.

1  Thank James T
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this experience. I was wary of using provided equipment but all was very clean and in good condition, as was the boat. Captain Tim went way beyond expected to find manatees and provide a really good experience for everyone on board, and the manatees. Tim really cares about the manatees, and he knows how to help with any sort of disability, fear, and swimming ability with great patience. We arrived at a time when the manatees were mostly resting in sanctuary areas, so Captain Tim kept looking, long past our contract time, until he found some in a playful mood. Tim was also able to educate us about all the other wildlife we saw. I plan to return to Florida just to do this again! Thanks, Captain Tim for a great experience!

1  Thank Taparacu