“We just had to go back every morning for Breakfast.”
Review of Aj's Cafe - CLOSED

Aj's Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 23, 2014

This place looks like a lot of the buildings in Crystal River, not to fancy outside, but you Have to go here. This place was an amazing find. We went back here every morning for four days in a row. My only regret was we didn't find it earlier. As soon as you walk in the door, you will understand why we kept going back. The Staff was amazingly friendly and truly seemed to be enjoying us being there. The decorating inside very cool. The bathrooms are spotless and actually very cool... ;-)
Ok, on to the food. Their menu was mind boggling. There was anything and everything on it all day. I had everything from breakfast to dinner food and it was all amazing. Even fried green tomatoes...! I will have to also say that we were obviously some of the only tourist, which is a always a good thing, and were treated like not only locals, but family. Even the owner, AJ, was there everyday walking around and talking and working, but took the time to stop and chat.
All I can say is, GO GO GO !!

2  Thank Christopher N

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Food is your basic fair for lunch and breakfast. But its quick and there's allot of it. AJ (owner) comes around and personally makes sure everything is just right the way you want it. Been there many times and I'll be going back again! Feels like a basic hometown cafe/eatery. The prices are very good.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Visited Crystal River 7/14 to go scalloping. While there decided to try AJ's for breakfast.

Outstanding food and service. I ordered a breakfast skillet and it was delicious.
I was seated at the counter. While I was eating the owner looked at me in the eye and said, "how is your breakfast today?". He then did the same to the three other people with me.
At the time I didn't realize it was the owner, AJ. I asked our waitress who he was and she informed me it was the owner. I asked if he was there often. She said 7 days a week.
Only regret not trying lunch there also.

1  Thank MpTransporter
Reviewed May 1, 2014

No matter what I get for breakfast...I just love it. AJ's is a nice family run business who does it right.

2  Thank Judi000
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We've been here twice: once for breakfast and once for lunch. Breakfast is definitely the most popular so get there early or be prepared to wait a bit. Lunch was pretty good too and not quite as crowded. Got a seat almost immediately after we walked in there. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good breakfast place.

1  Thank Jim M