“The phone was first used in 1876...”

Adventure Diving Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Largest dive center in Crystal River, Florida. We offer many trip and tours for all ages including all day adventure packages and manatee trips for the whole family.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

But this company does not know how to answer theirs. My father and I had bought the scuba Groupon and he tried to make reservations for us two months in advance but it took a lot of phone tag in order to get something settled. Then the man who set the reservation told my father two times over two separate phone calls (since he kept calling to make sure the date was within our schedules and he had saved it correctly on the calendar) that it was for the day BEFORE the man actually wanted us to come. Safe to say we drove out on a Friday morning at 6:30 a.m. to make it on time to an appointment we didn't have. They talked us into buying a manatee tour (since we had already paid a hotel for the night thinking we'd be staying until Saturday for the certification) and there wasn't much else to do in the immediate area. The captain of the boat was very polite and was also one of our instructors and he was the most pleasant thing about the entire experience. The man running things was simply rude and unthoughtful at every turn and his attitude was not just to me and my father, but to everyone in the group that was getting certified with us. I got my license with the WRONG LAST NAME, which is only 5 letters long consisting of 4 letters in total, it isn't hard to spell. To this day my father has not received his license in the mail. It has been 5 months. I don't think he will be getting it anytime soon, or with the correct name on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm certified, I just won't ever go back to this company who wants to suck the money out of your wallet and then be rude about it. You'd think with all the money we spent trying to go through this and with "how many years they've been a successful business" that they'd at least act like they knew how to run a business meant for a family environment.

Date of experience: May 2013
"dry clothes"
"year olds"
"year round"

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I bought three groupon offers for my mother, daughter and I to swim with the manatees. I have been trying for over a week to make reservations. I have left messages on one number while the other number is an out of service magic jack number. I emailed over the weekend and have not heard back. I believe we have been scammed. When I logged on to check the reviews, I saw the previous poster haf the same problem. Anyone else?

Date of experience: September 2013
4  Thank rosiemb
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am going to Honduras at the end of next month and really want to become dive certified. I wish I could give a review of my experience with Adventure Diving.. but that would require them to pick up the phone! I have honestly tried calling everyday for over a week and left messages as well as emails and NOTHING. I'm glad I didn't buy their Groupon or I would probably never get to use it. These people should really learn how to do business. Step 1: ANSWER YOUR PHONE. I advise against this place.

Date of experience: September 2013
7  Thank backpackchic
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was the best trip ever. The crew was great, the boat was nice and clean and the Captain was friendly and knowledgable. Tis is a "must do" trip!

Date of experience: August 2013