“Try to book your tour in the season october to march when most of the manatees are there. Otherwise you need to go hunting to fi”

Adventure Diving Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Largest dive center in Crystal River, Florida. We offer many trip and tours for all ages including all day adventure packages and manatee trips for the whole family.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Staff is great and knowledgable. They wisely instruct you to stay still and be quiet so that the manatees come to you. Avoid booking after a series of raining days as visibility will be limited.
Consider renting or bringing a wetsuit as the water is always in the 70 f range.

1  Thank LauraSVirginia_USA
"knew where"
in 3 reviews
"year round"

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Shame on them for making what should be a memorable and ecoaware outing into a money grabbing overbooked and unpleasant day. First of all, it's not 'season' so be aware you will see few, maybe no, manatees. (we saw 1). The staff are very brash. As in rude. As in 0 customer service. Save up and wait until January or February to go with a better company. Or do what my 6 year old son and I did, visit Homassassa springs afterwards and visit with much friendly environmentally aware Floridians and the manatees they are helping to recover from human carelessness.

6  Thank h0la07
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife wanted to go snorkeling with the Manatees for our anniversary so since I am cheap I bought the Groupon for it instead of paying full price. We had a reservation and Adventure Diving told us they would call or email the morning of the reservation to let us know if the weather was accommodating for the tour. We received no phone call or email and no one answered our calls when we tried reaching them (called for approximately 1 and a half hours). We ended up using Birds Underwater which proved to be a great company. Since we tried going in the summer and not many Manatees were around, Birds underwater refunded us some money for our trip and gave us a free item from their gift shop. We are going to return to them in the winter when the Manatees are there and will get a refund from Adventure Diving Tours' Groupon.

6  Thank James P
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Called for three weeks to make a reservation, no answer. We are from WI, and were in FL for 7 days for vacation, so I had started calling long before we even got to Florida. Two days before we were about to leave, a man answers and says we "should have called earlier, they won't book later than 10 days in advance." Right, but Id been calling for 3 weeks now. There wasn't even a voicemail to leave a message, it would just hang up on us or say "Magic Jack user unavailable at this time." After explaining this to him, he says he doesn't have an explanation for that because they're fully staffed from 6am-5pm every day. Really? Because each day I'd start calling around 8am, and tried until 4:30pm. He didnt make any effort to right it. Don't recommend them at all. If they can't even answer a phone, and then not even apologize for ruining plans our family was so excited for.

5  Thank amandachristy