“Horrible management, not worth the $$$”

Adventure Diving Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Largest dive center in Crystal River, Florida. We offer many trip and tours for all ages including all day adventure packages and manatee trips for the whole family.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

They never answer the phone, Once I got a hold of them I made a reservation.... We drove 2 hours to get there to find out they 'didnt have the reservation' and it was our fault because they 'have a fool proof system for reservations' which includes scribbling your name down on a giant calendar from the 90's and transcribing that info to the computer later. While we were there we saw our name scribbled down on the wrong day.....the worst part about the entire experience was that two weeks prior I made a reservation and (once they answered the phone) they didnt record my reservation properly either! I should have known this was a whole in the wall dump that requires groupon to stay a float..... The owner is rude, rude, rude, nothing more to say....

6  Thank Ally P
"dry clothes"
"year olds"
"year round"

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The dive shop itself looks like a shack but it's actually ok inside. The staff was friendly, but they weren't very helpful. Captain Jolly and his little boy were a hoot but after awhile Rodger Dale needs a sleeping pill( the kid is crazy). We only saw a couple of manatees and hardly were close enough to touch them. I suggest you take people to the best snorkel spots now that most manatees have bailed for the summer.

2  Thank huskers01
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great excursion!! Although the manatees were elusive today we did see and swim with a few! What a great place! Captain Ross was fantastic! Three sisters spring was something else!! A must see! I would love to come back again in the winter months when the the manatee population is at its highest!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I definitely recommend Adventure Diving. I've gone snorkeling with manatees with a different company and Adventure Diving beat them hands down. For one thing, their experienced captain (who was very friendly) took us to 4 different locations searching for manatees instead of just sitting at 3 sisters. It's end of season so we weren't that sure if we'd even see one. But they found us a manatee and helped guide us in the water until we were right next to her.
What an experience to be able to be right next to and touch a beautiful animal like a manatee!
I plan to use Adventure Diving again in the winter at the height of the season.

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank sbcornett
See more reviews
Reviewed April 25, 2013

For those who complained about the timing, etc., relax. This is FL and you're about to swim with the manatee. The boat was wheelchair accessible but getting on was a challenge because the tide was low. They made every effort to get my husband's 300 lb electric wheelchair on board and he had a great time. We're at the end of the season but we stopped at three different sites and saw 3 or 4 manatee. All in all it was a fun morning. Too bad some of the customers didn't get the part about not yelling and screaming or standing up. Urghhhh.

Date of experience: April 2013