Tripadvisor

from $63.60
from $89.04
from $477.00
2,242 results
All reviews captain ross dive shop manatee tour hot chocolate and coffee three sisters wonderful experience sunset cruise bucket list photos and videos flash drive wet suits early morning great trip manatee swim making sure semi private tour kings bay
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

For my birthday I was gifted the experience to swim with one of my all time favorite animals. MANATEES! It was a gift from my mom for my boyfriend and I and our two kids (12&13) we arrived at the shop a little early which I was glad because it took a little work to get the kids and ourselves into the wet suits! We watched a very educational video of the do’s and dont’s. And the off the boat with a captain Ross! It was a short trip to three sisters springs full of information about the bay and surrounding areas and homes. When we got to the canal it was a little crowded with kayakers and other sightseers. But Capt. Ross lead us right over to a very friendly manatee and made my birthday wish come true! I got to scratch a manatee belly!! She came right up to my face and rolled over! It was the most amazing thing! After almost everyone in the group got to pet or have a photo taken with her he led us down into the springs where there was maybe 8 or so more manatees. A few of which had babies! We watched one nursing! After 3 hours I would guess, we headed back to the boat where there was coffee and hot chocolate! And towels! Once everyone was on the boat a settled we headed back to the shop! All in all a GREAT trip! I would recommend it to any and everyone. These guys knew just what they were doing and knew how to make sure everyone had a great time. Would LOVE to do this again.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

There can't be enough great things said about this place!! Let me tell you how nervous I was to get out there at 7am in 40deg F weather and swim in the river. But the cold was barely even a factor in their 5mil wetsuits! We were definitely comfortable enough in the water, not to mention the buoyancy it gives you! Not to bash any other places in the area, but everyone else out there with other tours had to use pool noodles to help them float around. This didn't give them as free of movements and I can imagine spooks the manatees a little more. And because they weren't in 5mil wetsuits, they were out of the water much quicker than our group.. more manatees for us!! Our boat captain Mike, got us out safely and was good at pointing out manatees along the way. Our guide in the water was John and he was just amazing. I had my 10 year old daughter out for her birthday, but she got nervous especially around the huge tarpin that had joined us. John swooped right in, helping her out into the water and making her comfortable. He knew exactly where to look for the manatees and away from other large groups so that we got the best experience possible. I definitely recommend you stop your search now and book with Plantation Adventure Center!

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We did a boat tour yesterday and found out that we could swim with Manatees. We booked for today and had a ton of fun. Captain John is knowledgeable and fun to go with for a guided tour. We highly recommend this family friendly business!!!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I traveled with a group of 33 students and 6 adults to snorkel and then swim with the manatees. John,Dallas,Dustin,Memphis,Mark,Lance,Ross and Steve were EXCELLENT guides and I highly recommend Plantation Adventure Center.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We are a family of three and our son is 8 years old. This was our son's first time snorkeling. Capt. Steve and Lance were amazing. They made sure we had the adventure of a lifetime. Lance was calm and patient with our son. Both Steve and Lance went out of their way to make sure we saw manatees and were comfortable. It was a beautiful day and we saw several Manatees. I can not sing enough praise about this company and its staff. It was apparent from the moment we stepped on the boat that Steve and Lance were going to make sure we had the best time and were safe doing it. If we ever want to swim with the Manatees again, it will differently be with this company!