“Great mommy & daughter date”

Manatee Fun Tours
Private Manatee Swim in Crystal River
Ranked #5 of 52 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Manatee Fun Tours offers Private and Semi-Private Manatee Tours Only! Snorkel with manatee in Crystal River Fl. This is a privately owned company who will put your fun experiences first. We offer A Big Fun Manatee Tour on an enclosed house style boat. Snorkel and Swim with manatee, then relax in an enclosed cabin which is warmer and more comfortable than an open pontoon or a curtain sided boat. You will still get a bit chilly, but you won't freeze. We also use 3-5mm wet-suits for added comfort This is a true private manatee tour for just you and your family. We also have a premium tour option and see manatees in luxury! We make this an experience of a lifetime no matter which tour you choose. Call or email for a prompt response, We have the coolest boat on the bay!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I choose Manatee Fun because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Captain Broderick helped me find the ideal time to visit. He was also very patient and friendly. My eight year old daughter and I saw lots of manatees. Captain Broderick was so much fun to talk to. We had a little time at the end of our tour and her took us around the bay and pointed out birds and natural springs. It was a great experience.

There are newer reviews for Manatee Fun Tours

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I took my boyfriend and brother on a manatee tour with Captain Broderick while we were in Florida for a family vacation during the Christmas break. We went for the premium tour which included about 6 hours of manatee fun, kayaking and fishing, however we opted to just fish after we snorkeled as we were a bit chilled and the boys love to fish. Captain B was more than welcoming when we first arrived and quickly gauged that we could take a joke and proceeded to rib us on being Canadian (all in good fun). He then proceeded to tell us how to safely engage with manatees and brought us to an area that had no other tour boats so we got to enjoy a mama and baby to ourselves before we went to a more busy area to see a lot more of them! This was an awesome trip largely due to Captain B's lively personality and what I liked most was that he wanted to make sure we respected the animals, something I've found that sometimes lacks in tours involving animals. I would HIGHLY recommend Captain B to anyone who is going to Crystal River to swim with manatees, I guarantee you wont regret it!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

we took a private tour with Captain Broderick on New Years day and we had a wonderful time. he took us to multiple great locations where we got to see lots of manatees and had many opportunities to play with them. the entire ride was relaxed and full of laughter from his funny stories and jokes. i highly recommend this tour to anyone, don't waste your money on the large group tours when you have have a great personal experience with Capt. Broderick!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Fantastic experience. The reason I chose Manatee Fun was because it was private tour for my family. Actually my children could not swim because they are scared of water but Captain Broderick stopped the vessel at the good position to touch manatees from onboard. Furthermore I and my wife could swim with manatees freely because Captain Broderick took care of my children all that time. I could see and touch a lot of manatees. The moment a manatee swam toward me and came just in front of me will never be forgotten in my heart. All of my family had a great time. Thank you for a wonderful tour.

1  Thank Daisuke M
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited just before Christmas when Manatee season was supposed to be in full swing. However, due to some unseasonably warm weather the manatee's had not fully come into the river. Captain Broderick warned us it might be hard but he would do his best. He did not disappoint us at all! This man can spot a manatee anywhere and he was fun., he made sure we all had a great time. We ended up swimming with 2 grown manatee's and a Mom and her calf. It was just amazing. My girl was nervous and he was great with her, on our last dive she decided to stay on the boat and watch. He let her hang out with him on the boat and he even let her steer on the way back! Thank you for making our Christmas vacation one of our best vacations ever. Also, if you are on the fence between a private tour and one of the larger ones, just pay the extra few bucks (really it's not much!) and book a private tour with him. I can't tell you how much better it was sitting on this tour and having undivided attention vs the bigger boats all trying to chase down the few manatee there. We would never have seen what we did on a non private tour.