“Manatee AWESOME Tour”

Private Manatee Swim in Crystal River
Ranked #5 of 53 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Manatee Fun Tours offers Private and Semi-Private Manatee Tours Only! Snorkel with manatee in Crystal River Fl. This is a privately owned company who will put your fun experiences first. We offer A Big Fun Manatee Tour on an enclosed house style boat. Snorkel and Swim with manatee, then relax in an enclosed cabin which is warmer and more comfortable than an open pontoon or a curtain sided boat. You will still get a bit chilly, but you won't freeze. We also use 3-5mm wet-suits for added comfort This is a true private manatee tour for just you and your family. We also have a premium tour option and see manatees in luxury! We make this an experience of a lifetime no matter which tour you choose. Call or email for a prompt response, We have the coolest boat on the bay!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Manatee AWESOME Tour”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Best time ever! This was the highlight of our trip to Florida. A once in a lifetime experience. Warm and cozy enclosed boat, wet suits and noodles to keep you afloat. Capt Broderick was very accommodating with our schedule. Arrived in Florida late due to a family emergency and he was able to move us to a later date so we wouldn't miss out on this awesome adventure. Capt B's enthusiasm and love for what he does is evident and makes the whole package! This was way more fun than standing in lines at the theme parks!

Visited March 2013
Broderick J, Owner at Manatee Fun Tours, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
It's amazing how many people think this is way more fun than Disney World, it's simple, wholesome and pure. The manatee deserve all the credit for being the kind and loving creatures that they are. Such a remarkable experience. We have a great responsibility to protect and preserve. I promise to do my part to provide a quality tour with lots of fun and excitement without ever harming or threating these wonderful creatures.

Captain Broderick "Your Big Fun Manatee Tour Guide"

“Captain Broderick and the manatee's the best combination in the state of Florida for a experince like no other.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Captain Broderick is the best of the best because he treats you like family. He will give you the best experince that you can possibly have with the manatees at Crystal River. Your tour starts out with a warm welcome and a warm private enclosed houseboat. Captain Broaderick takes care of you from begining to the end of the trip. He will make sure you are relaxed and ready to enter the water. Your trip ends with smiles and hugs. Look no further when booking at Crystal River Captain Broderick is the one you want. Thank you Captain Broderick for a life changing experince.

I didn't know we weren't related lol! Everyone is family to me you know "Love Thy Brother " :)
I'm so glad you allowed me the opportunity to share your life changing experiences. Great people like yourself makes my job great and special. Please remember to tell all and come back soon.

Captain Broderick "Your Big Fun Manatee Tour Guide"
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“A great time”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Captain Broderick made us feel welcome. He is very funny and entertaining. He took us to a great spot where we saw dozens of Manatees. It was just myself and my husband on the tour with him. The water was cold, so he lent us each two wet suits---we were very comfortable in the water. We had a great time!

Visited February 2013
Broderick J, Owner at Manatee Fun Tours, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
So glad you had a great time. The wetsuit is part of the package and unless I have a mistake on my schedule (only human you know) it will always be private for slightly above group tour prices however, the more you bring (up to six ) the cheaper it gets. I only have a Great Time when you have a Great Time.

Perth, Australia
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Name sums it up!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Manatee fun indeed! Had the pleasure of taking my family out on Captain Brodericks boat the other day and had a hoot!
Within minutes we had tied up in front of three springs, braved the water and were swimming with lots of Manatees.
It's not deep at all and is great for any age.
Why Manatee fun? private tour means you get to do what you want to do, we saw huge boats with lots of people and everyone was cold. We just closed our sliding glass door and it was warm and cosy.
The Captain is hilarious and very knowledgable, my daughter Phoebe is now calling herself Frisbee!
Don't miss out on this well priced private tour!

Visited March 2013
Well my motto is if it can't be fun why do it. Life has enough negatives and sour lemons to go around so we don't need that while we are on vacation. The manatee are our host and we are the guest and they surely will put a smile on your face. Hopefully your little Frisbee will become a little Boomerang and keep returning for years to come.
Thank you for visiting and allowing me an opportunity to entertain and serve you and yours.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Awesome Manatee Tour”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I chartered a private boat tour with Captain Broderick. We had an awesome time! Captain Broderick knows exactly where to go for the best viewing of the manatees. He knew exactly when to go to avoid the crowds. We had the manatees all to ourselves once all the tour groups left. Captain Broderick is very knowledgeable and a great host. One of the best features about the tour was the heated cabin. We snorkeled on a pretty cold day and it was great to climb aboard and warm up. If you want to experience the manatees in an inviting environment....book a trip with Captain Broderick-NOW!!!!

Visited February 2013
It pleases me greatly to hear that you had an "Awesome Time" the beauty of this job is that even when we are not able to work abound the larger companies we work well with them. Crystal River is known for it's abundance of our protected manatee and all the competing companies do a remarkable job as well however, thank you for choosing our little warm and comfortable boat.
Our tours are always private and fairly priced, our guest are number one priority after the manatee LOL..... Thanks for visiting