“Great manatee tour”

Private Manatee Swim in Crystal River
Ranked #5 of 52 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Manatee Fun Tours offers Private and Semi-Private Manatee Tours Only! Snorkel with manatee in Crystal River Fl. This is a privately owned company who will put your fun experiences first. We offer A Big Fun Manatee Tour on an enclosed house style boat. Snorkel and Swim with manatee, then relax in an enclosed cabin which is warmer and more comfortable than an open pontoon or a curtain sided boat. You will still get a bit chilly, but you won't freeze. We also use 3-5mm wet-suits for added comfort This is a true private manatee tour for just you and your family. We also have a premium tour option and see manatees in luxury! We make this an experience of a lifetime no matter which tour you choose. Call or email for a prompt response, We have the coolest boat on the bay!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Captain Broderick will do whatever it takes to make the trip enjoyable for you. You will see manatees with any tour company, but with this tour you will get the best personal attention and you dictate where you want to go and how long you stay, etc.

1  Thank cwood19
Broderick J, Owner at Manatee Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

There are a lot of great companies offering tours, we appreciate you making Manatee Fun Private Tours your selection. We work hard and will continue to work hard to bring you a quality tour and a memorable experience.

There are newer reviews for Manatee Fun Tours

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Swimming with the manatees is an incredible experience and what Captain Broderick has to offer is the best to do it. I went with my family and it was amazing. Captain is the best! Definitely do it !

1  Thank Louisegwu

Thank you kind words are always appreciated. Without great customers we would be just another company. Please visit again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I put " swimming with manatee at Crystal River" on my bucket list and I will say the experience with Manatee Fun Tour exceed my expectation! Not only the house boat is warm and cozy in the January, Capt Broderick really did everything he could to take care his custermers. The weekend is the busiest time for the manatee tour, Capt Broderick found a quiet spot where there are at least 5 pairs of mom-and-baby manatees, needless to say, we had a blast! The water here is very clear, a bit colder than 72 F, but a 5mm wetsuit and a hood will be sufficient. I really have a once-in-a life time experience, and I consider it is as coolest as my first skydiving and first scuba diving in Flower Garden Marine Santuary experience. Thanks to Capt Broderick and I will strongly recommend Manatee Fun private tour!

1  Thank Scubacat_Z
Broderick J, Owner at Manatee Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

A six star review from a six ster customer! What a day............ I probably had way more fun than you did. Thanks so much for the recommendations some of your friends have already visited and more are on the way.

Have a wonderful Blessed life Captain Broderick your "Big Fun Manatee Tour Guide"

Reviewed January 4, 2013

What more can be said... Captain Broderick is a fantastic Captain, host, and guide. We are a family of 4 (12 and 15 year old children). What a once in a lifetime experience. We booked an afternoon trip (2:30pm), I was hesitant in booking and really busted Broderick's chops (yes, you remember me) on whether we'd see any manatee at that time of the afternoon. Well, did we ever. Within 2 minutes of being in the water, a manatee bigger than my kitchen table swam under me and then to my awe a mother with 2 calves!!! Amazing! There were plenty of manatee to interact with and we actually felt that the later time was far better of an experience... Less crowds and more manatee. Broderick explained that they come into the springs in the late afternoon to bed for the night. They are gentle, beautiful creatures. The babies were curious and we were able to pet many of them while staring into their eyes. We loved the private tour, the enclosed boat...Captain Broderick's boat even has a small changing area and port-a-potty for those with small bladders :) A big thank you to Broderick for a wonderful lifetime of memories for our family!!!

I agree with you 100% sometimes amazing is the only way to describe what happens in Crystal River with the wonderful manatee. So glad you stopped by and even more glad you chose Manatee Fun Private Tours for your journey.
Please continue to spread the word and thanks again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We can't say enough about Capt Broderick and the Manatee Fun Tour. It is a private tour so my 16 year old daughter and I were the only guests on the boat. It was a very busy day for the manatees but Capt Broderick managed to find the manatees before the other "boatloads" arrived and a private tour is definitely the way to go! We were fortunate to be alone with the manatees for quite a bit of time before any other tours joined us. When the larger groups would come, the bottom of the canals would be stirred up by so many people and their fins, that the water would become murky and it was harder to see. Then we would simply move to another location. The manatees were so social. Even though we would keep our distance, they would swim up to us and bump us and want attention, particularly young ones. It was a great experience! It was a cool day but we were perfectly comfortable in our wetsuits and since his boat is enclosed, we were never cold, even between times of being in the water. Although I have snorkeled several times before, I am not very good at it but Capt Broderick was very patient and gave great instructions on what to do and where to swim. It is an amazing thing to do and I plan on taking the rest of my family back to do it again. We thoroughly enjoyed the manatees and Capt Broderick!

Thank You, Our goal at Manatee Fun Private Tours is to keep it simple, entertaining, and educational. It is an honor to serve you and your family and I am so glad you han a memorable experience (positive on that is lol). Please come back in the future and I will try to keep the manatee from harassing you :)