“Very good restaurant overall but service needs review”
Review of Taverna Manos

Ranked #15 of 104 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are: Casual/Fine dining atmosphere serving Mediterranean and American foods including Greek, French, Italian and the finest seafood at reasonable prices. Outdoor dining on beautiful European-inspired patio weather permitting. Lunch and Dinner Monday through Friday. Saturday Open for dinner only 4:30 to 9 pm. We are closed Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend and Labor Day weekends. Closed Sunday. 5% discount for Cash payments. Reservations recommended, but not required. Kitchen closes 20 min before closing hour and no patrons will be seated during this time.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have been here lots of times in the last 3 years - it is a delight to visit with one minor irritant (see below). One of the few places in the area that has an authentic European feel. The menu is excellent and I have been able to have dishes adjusted where friends/relatives needed this or that. Excellent desert cakes etc. Music mid week (Wednesday usually). Belly dancer at weekend - not my taste.

The service needs a review by the owner - there is a habit of being rushed by the staff within an hour of closing time - often when the owner is not present. Not a problem for you early bird Americans, but a pain for anyone who wants to enjoy their food at a civilised pace. I do not appreciate being asked if I would like a box for my meal when I am only half-way through it !

1  Thank Observer-Y
Despina1118, Public Relations Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Hi thank you for writing to us. We are glad you enjoy our restaurant. I sincerely appreciate the input about your experience. I can tell you that I have investigated this and we have made some significant changes within the staff. I think you'll find your needs have been met :) Thanks again for writing. Hope to see you again soon,

Despina Manos

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our server (Brittany) was excellent. The apps were good, but I was disappointed in my dinner. I ordered lemon chicken scallopini, which I thought was supposed to be served in a light lemon cream sauce. The sauce it came out in was a heavy creamy alfredo sauce. It was so heavy and thick that I ended up tossing it. The tiramisu dessert was very good. I probably wouldn't go back.

1  Thank LuvMyLuLu
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for the first time by chance snd I am so glad we did. The restaurant was lovely amd cozy with a piano player. The food was awesome. The fact that they cater to many dietary restrictions such as vegan, gluten free etc was really wonderful. My meal tasted so delicious. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank shadowco
Despina1118, Public Relations Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks so much for coming in! We are so glad you enjoyed your dinner. Hope to see you again soon.

Deb Manos

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I LOVE Greek food. My hubby and I finally made it to Taverna Manos today 9/26/13. We ordered WAY TOO much food but brought a lot home for this weekend. Appetizers, entrees were all just perfect! The Chef Reese is excellent and our server, Wendy, made our dinner even MORE enjoyable! ;) Will definitely be back! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

1  Thank mymackinac_9
Despina1118, Public Relations Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Hi and thank you for your review. We are glad to be in Citrus County and it's people like you who make being here so special. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again soon.

Despina Manos

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This is our first time to the restaurant. I've driven by the quaint little place before and thought it looked like a good place. Checked TA reviews and they were good. Picked up some friends and headed to Crystal River. We were pleasantly surprised to find they had live music, 2 guitarists, on a Tuesday night even. They did a great job providing the background ambiance. The server, Sharon, did a great job providing service and meal recommendations. We all had different meals and they were all great. We and our friends will be back soon.

Despina1118, Public Relations Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

soooo glad you enjoyed your visit to the Taverna. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks for the review!

Deb Manos