“Don't Overlook this Restaurant: one of the area's very best!”
Review of Taverna Manos

Taverna Manos
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are: Casual/Fine dining atmosphere serving Mediterranean and American foods including Greek, French, Italian and the finest seafood at reasonable prices. Outdoor dining on beautiful European-inspired patio weather permitting. Lunch and Dinner Monday through Friday. Saturday Open for dinner only 4:30 to 9 pm. We are closed Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend and Labor Day weekends. Closed Sunday. 5% discount for Cash payments. Reservations recommended, but not required. Kitchen closes 20 min before closing hour and no patrons will be seated during this time.
Eugene, Oregon
“Don't Overlook this Restaurant: one of the area's very best!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family and I have been to Taverna Manos about six times for breakfast and lunch, and have not been disappointed. I am frankly shocked that they are 'rated' so low, but this appears to have been by virtue of two horrible reviews that occurred on New Years Eve [amateur night]. Don't be put off by those reviews: I would put Taverna Manos as one of the top three places in the whole county, period. Great food, good value, engaged staff, visible ownership: what more do you look for? [Having gone three times with my 91 year old mother as well, they are very accommodating and kind even given the 'peculiarities' of that demographic! ] Take the short drive east of Crystal River and enjoy yourself: don't be dissuaded by two poor reviews from curmudgeonly types [read those critics other 'recommendations' in the area and see for yourself!]

• Visited December 2012
Despina1118, General Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Kali mera!

Hernando, FL
“Greek”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have had breakfast and lunch here. Service is always great and the waitresses very pleasant. Prices are reasonable and the food has always been very good.

Visited March 2012
Despina1118, Public Relations Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hi Ya'sou....thanks so much for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor! We are so gald you enjoyed your visit with us...and we hope to see you again soon. When this weather cooperates, we're planning to do a lot of really great events - including a beer dinner - beers from around the world paired with awesome dishes - and of course Valentine's Day and St. Paddy's bash with corn beef and cabbage. so we hope you'll come join us! Thanks again for your awesome review. :)
Beverly Hills, Florida
“Magical”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I had the most amazing meal in a casual yet elegant environment. I ordered the evening feature, chargrilled tomahawk. It was perfectly cooked (med , recommended by my cute server Kanda) and l was enchanted by the beautiful belly dancer and the elegant setting. Very affordable. A diamond in the rough.

Despina1118, Public Relations Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Wow Thanks.....so glad you liked it. The Tomahawk is awesome - my favorite pork chop ever! We strive very hard to insure that our guest enjoy their mea, the atmosphere and the entertainment... and it's nice to know you were pleased! yea! :D Hope to see you again real soon. As the weather continues to be awesome, the belly dancer will be on the exterior patio - so plan to come back and dance with us under the stars! Thanks again. Despina
Fl
“My favorite place!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I took my family there on 1/3 for dinner. We had a reservation and upon arrival was seated immediately. I have a little one and asked for something not on the dinner menu and was graciously accommodated. The food was amazing and the portions were huge! Their menu is extensive so there is something for everyone. You could tell it was made fresh and wasn't sitting under some heat lamp. Great prices! Very reasonable. I don't know what the other reviewers are talking about, this place is awesome. I would suggest they try it again.

2 Thank Kristin H
Despina1118, General Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
:) Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meals. We loved serving you and your family! We look forward to making great food for you again. Come back soon :)
CRYSTAL RIVER, FL
“New Year's Eve Dinner”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I agree with the previous writer. I wanted a very special New Year's Eve Dinner. We had reservations and upon arriving no one was at the door to greet us. We stood there and waited for at least 10 minutes until someone finally acknowledged us. The place is nicely decorated, however, there is no atmosphere in the place. The service was terrible and the food was even worse. I had the Lobster Scampi. It was tasteless and there was no scampi sauce on it at all. My husband had the lamb tenderloin and said he was just OK. For the prices they charge, I would not recommend this place to anyone. Nor are we going back again. We saw other people arriving and waiting to be seated to so long that they left. Thumbs down.....DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

• Visited December 2012
Despina1118, Public Relations Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
How unfortunate! I understand completely - that special intimate dinner - and nobody's happy with the service, location and food. Don’t you always find whenever you dream of something “very special” in your mind – like a “very special New Years Eve” it never works out quite that way? We women always expect something great to please our loved ones for the holidays - I understand. I find it’s just best sometimes to do it by oneself. It’s much more satisfying than hoping someone can fulfill your dreams. Thank you for saying we’re nicely decorated – we tried really hard to make it nice for you. We usually try to keep our atmosphere around 78% N2, 21% O2, but sometimes it gets out of off balance, sorry we didn’t have any that night for you. I have uploaded pictures from New Year’s Eve that we took just before we opened for dinner. As you can see we are a very small fine dining establishment and I bet it did feel like 10 min in that doorway, but as you can see, we have a beautiful dessert case there. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted here - but I hope you have a wonderful special New Year and I wish you happy dreaming always.