“Good food, poor service”
Review of Taverna Manos

Taverna Manos
Ranked #14 of 100 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are: Casual/Fine dining atmosphere serving Mediterranean and American foods including Greek, French, Italian and the finest seafood at reasonable prices. Outdoor dining on beautiful European-inspired patio weather permitting. Lunch and Dinner Monday through Friday. Saturday Open for dinner only 4:30 to 9 pm. We are closed Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend and Labor Day weekends. Closed Sunday. 5% discount for Cash payments. Reservations recommended, but not required. Kitchen closes 20 min before closing hour and no patrons will be seated during this time.
Tampa, Florida
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had been to Taverna 3 times before for breakfast and had wonderful service - we couldn't understand why our friends complained about the service later in the day. We had raved about the place to our son-in-law and took him there on Sunday around 11am. Our server was Jen - who told us she usually works evenings and knew nothing about the breakfast menu. It was just before the lunch menu begun and Jen said you can all order breakfast or lunch but you can not order from both menus. My son in law wanted to order one of the special salads and asked why that was the rule. She gave us an answer that made no sense. My son-in-law changed his order. (The menu says breakfast is served until 11:30 and lunch starts at 11am) Two other tables of people came in while we were ordering. She told them the same thing. One table of 2 ordered lunch. The other table of 3 ordered breakfast. If my daughter and her husband sat at a different table they could have ordered lunch. HOW STUPID IS THAT!! She was so snippy about it and was clearly annoyed to be questioned. I asked for tea and she brought me a mug of hot water and said she would come back in a few minutes with the tea bags. In the past the tea was served in a pot to brew before pouring in a cup. We wanted sparkling water and she brought out a large bottle of some brand and a small and medium size Pelligreno to show us. We ordered the large bottle as 3 were drinking it. When opened I tasted it and said that it was not sparkling. She said well that is what you ordered , I said no - we told you we wanted sparkling. In a huff she started removing it from the table. We then ordered 2 medium bottles
of the Pelligreno. The food came and was good. Upon receiving our bill we noticed that we had been charged $7.00 for each medium size bottle. She said that was the price. I said that was not the large bottle but the smaller one and she said I was wrong. We asked for the manager and she said he will tell you the same thing. A tall young man (who is not the manager) was at least pleasant and took the time to call the owner and sure enough that was the wrong price for that sized bottle. We were given a new bill with the right price but left with a bad taste in our mouth about the way she treated us. Dear owner be aware that you are loosing business because of poor service even though you have a pretty restaurant and good food!

• Visited October 2012

Crystal River, Florida, United States
“Worst Greek Cuisine”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I grew up in a Greek neighborhood and I know good Greek food. This was the worst. The Spanakopita was a little turnover with no Feta cheese in it but overloaded with dill. The Gyro dinner plate was salty, greesy and the Tzatziki was tasteless. The sever was very annoying to the point that I couldn't even look at her. She hovered and wouldn't stop talking. I just wanted to shout "Go away". I will not be returning or suggesting to others. I will just go down the road to Tarpon Springs.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kristina K
Despina1118, Public Relations Manager at Taverna Manos, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hi..I'm curious where you grew up that the Greek food was so different from what we make. Our family is from the Pelloponese in Greece - the village of Merakas outside of Ancient Olympia - that's where we all learned to make triopita in triangle form using flaky filo, just picked spinach, dill and lots of fresh feta and creamy melted butter :) Sorry you didn't like it...I'm just amazed me that you've never had it in triangle form before.- as this is how it is always made. Unless of course youre used to one mass made in a hotel pan, which is usually done for easy storage in a freezer. Ours is fresh and individually made - never frozen. We don't have a microwave. The gyros cones come from the provider at the fresh meat market in Tarpon Springs as does the tzaziki sauce - we all use the same product. They sell Kontos or Olympia cones - we buy Kontos - which is always premium meat and a premium product.

As for the waitress - they are instructed to visit each table a minimum of four times to insure each patron is taken care of properly. Sorry if you didn't like her - she's really a very nice girl. Yes Tarpon is very nice this time of year. But then again, I grew up in Tarpon as a kid - that's where my family's numerous restaurant still operate. Enjoy your visit there!
TN
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was not sure what to expect, but was not disappointed at all. We went with friends and they raved about it so we knew it must be good. It was GREAT! Had several shared appetizers, then had main courses, Tried several others' meals and all were fabulous. If there is a wait, it is worth it, however they do take reservations, so you may want to call ahead. We went on a Thursday, so the entertainment was a belly dancer. She was definitely entertaining. We all had a great time and will go back if the opportunity presents itself.

Homosassa, Florida
“Crystal River's Secret”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

What a surprise! The food was excellent and contrary to what another reviewer said (and i believe the reviewer) we had excellent service. Maybe new wait staff has been hired. Restaurant was filled. We were greeted by the owner. Live Greek music - not too loud i.e. you could still have a conversation. We will definitely go back and will take the rest of our family. Visit the website to make a reservation. This was a real treat -

Homosassa, Florida
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Nice, clean little restaurant. Has a hidden bar in the rear of the building. Food was good and we will go back.