“Great experience!”

Crystal River Watersports
Ranked #14 of 50 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your PADI 5-Star home for Eco Tours on Florida's Nature Coast. We offer a wide range of activities that can be combined for a full day or even a weekend of fun. Your adventure begins at our marina shop right off Highway 19 at the North end of Crystal River. Our Motto: Observing and preserving nature above, in, and under water
Belleville,MI, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I booked a manatee snorkel tour based on the other reviews and we weren't disappointed! Florida manatees tours is also one of the best priced! The staff is friendly. Our trip was with Captain Sam and he was very personable and knowledgeable. They take pictures which you can retrieve online for free. If you want to have an enjoyable experience with these gentle giants, I recommend Florida manatees tours!

Visited November 2013

Traverse City, Michigan
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“DON'T MISS THIS TOUR-Amazing!!!!!'”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Wow...just got off this tour and it was nothing short of amazing!! Our guide's name was Sam and gave us a truly memorable tour and experience. We saw so much wildlife...saw a porpoise/dolphin swam right next to our boat for a long time and so many manatees! Our guide took special care and effort in getting us carefully close to appreciate and swim right next to them. We swam with one in particular that was approximately 1000 lbs and did belly turns when we rubbed his belly. A sweet, gentle giant! Our guide also then took us to the 3 sisters spring - crystal clear water and a God given gift if you are lucky enough to swim in and experience it--the clearest of water and warm springs....many fish to see too!
A once in a lifetime experience...feel truly blessed!! A quality run operation and a terrific price....no hidden fees or charges as others in area charge for parking, wetsuits, etc--this was all included--quality through and through.

LUV this tour and this company--five stars, highly recommend!!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank diamondbabydoll
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Perfect way to see manatees”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I took an early morning trip with Captain Sam to see the manatees of King's Bay. They split a group of 7 of us between two boats so that each trip was not crowded. The staff were very experienced and knew exactly where to find manatees and made all the rules and regulations about interacting with these amazing animals very clear to us. The trip was great fun. Captain Sam was very knowledgeable and made sure we all had a first class experience.

Visited October 2013
Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Confused to say the least”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I do not want to slam this company since it seems to have such good reviews but I am confused. To be brief, my wife and I signed up to snorkel with the manatees and two other dives
One was supposed to be into a whole with constant view of the sky. When we arrived our guid did a poor review and down we went. Once we got to the entrance it was so tight that of the five guests only one went in. It turned out it was not a straight shot but some twists and turns. It had nothing to do with being a new diver, both my wife and I have logged numerous dives and I am a dive master. The other two folks demanded their money back with no luck. Now to be fair they ended up taking us to a river where we had a fun drift dive
I don't think I would use this company for diving. We were more than disappointed in our guide and the store staff

Visited September 2012
5 Thank outsidefolks
John E, Front Office Manager at Crystal River Watersports, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi -

I just wanted to respond that Crystal River Watersports is under new management. We would certainly like a chance to earn your business again. I was wondering if the disappointing dive was at Kings Spring/Cavern? I know we have had poor visibility there recently and have suggested that folks wanting to dive try our other tours. All of our current dive guides are insured die professionals holding ratings of divemaster, assistant instructor or instructor. If you would like to discuss this further off-line, please contact us via email or the contact form on the webpage.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Chose this one!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 took this tour and the followed up last year with a different company since we all enjoyed it so much. The other company had more reviews and was posted at the top of the 'swim with the manatees' list. We made a huge mistake in switching. The guide was patient and engaging. We were the only ones on the boat. We went to the three sisters springs area and it was fantastic. The other tour took us in a short trip to a small confined area that was not worth the trip at all. Go with this tour, you will not regret it.

Visited January 2013