“DON'T MISS THIS TOUR-Amazing!!!!!'”

Crystal River Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your PADI 5-Star home for Eco Tours on Florida's Nature Coast. We offer a wide range of activities that can be combined for a full day or even a weekend of fun. Your adventure begins at our marina shop right off Highway 19 at the North end of Crystal River. Our Motto: Observing and preserving nature above, in, and under water
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Wow...just got off this tour and it was nothing short of amazing!! Our guide's name was Sam and gave us a truly memorable tour and experience. We saw so much wildlife...saw a porpoise/dolphin swam right next to our boat for a long time and so many manatees! Our guide took special care and effort in getting us carefully close to appreciate and swim right next to them. We swam with one in particular that was approximately 1000 lbs and did belly turns when we rubbed his belly. A sweet, gentle giant! Our guide also then took us to the 3 sisters spring - crystal clear water and a God given gift if you are lucky enough to swim in and experience it--the clearest of water and warm springs....many fish to see too!
A once in a lifetime experience...feel truly blessed!! A quality run operation and a terrific price....no hidden fees or charges as others in area charge for parking, wetsuits, etc--this was all included--quality through and through.

LUV this tour and this company--five stars, highly recommend!!

2  Thank diamondbabydoll

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I took an early morning trip with Captain Sam to see the manatees of King's Bay. They split a group of 7 of us between two boats so that each trip was not crowded. The staff were very experienced and knew exactly where to find manatees and made all the rules and regulations about interacting with these amazing animals very clear to us. The trip was great fun. Captain Sam was very knowledgeable and made sure we all had a first class experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I do not want to slam this company since it seems to have such good reviews but I am confused. To be brief, my wife and I signed up to snorkel with the manatees and two other dives
One was supposed to be into a whole with constant view of the sky. When we arrived our guid did a poor review and down we went. Once we got to the entrance it was so tight that of the five guests only one went in. It turned out it was not a straight shot but some twists and turns. It had nothing to do with being a new diver, both my wife and I have logged numerous dives and I am a dive master. The other two folks demanded their money back with no luck. Now to be fair they ended up taking us to a river where we had a fun drift dive
I don't think I would use this company for diving. We were more than disappointed in our guide and the store staff

5  Thank outsidefolks
John E, Front Office Manager at Crystal River Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hi -

I just wanted to respond that Crystal River Watersports is under new management. We would certainly like a chance to earn your business again. I was wondering if the disappointing dive was at Kings Spring/Cavern? I know we have had poor visibility there recently and have suggested that folks wanting to dive try our other tours. All of our current dive guides are insured die professionals holding ratings of divemaster, assistant instructor or instructor. If you would like to discuss this further off-line, please contact us via email or the contact form on the webpage.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our family of 5 took this tour and the followed up last year with a different company since we all enjoyed it so much. The other company had more reviews and was posted at the top of the 'swim with the manatees' list. We made a huge mistake in switching. The guide was patient and engaging. We were the only ones on the boat. We went to the three sisters springs area and it was fantastic. The other tour took us in a short trip to a small confined area that was not worth the trip at all. Go with this tour, you will not regret it.

3  Thank Sbreite
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ended our week vacation to Florida with "swimming with the manatees".

We went in late July, not really realizing upfront that there aren't many manatees around during the hotter months. But, the reviews had said that people were still seeing them this time of year, so decided to attempt it anyways.

Our captain, Adrian, was very nice and accommodating. He had a VERY good knowledge of the River, the area of Florida, and where the manatees would be.

He warned us right away that there weren't near as many manatees in the area during July, but said he would keep looking until we found some, which we did.

Adrian took us to 3 different places where other boats were already surrounding a couple manatees, so we were discouraged a little, especially since there weren't that many manatees to go around for the amount of people in tour boats looking for them.

But, Adian took us to a couple places where other boats weren't familar with. In both places, w were able to get pretty close and watch them eating plants. He also took us REALLY close to one, and we were able to quickly get into the water and "swim" close to him/her. The manatee was busy eating grass off the bottom, but he/she did stop long enough for us to pet him/her and take some pictures. So, considering the time of year, I think we did pretty good!

Overall the day was a success! If you CAN go a different time of the year, preferably Dec - Feb, you would see many more manatees, plus the water is much clearer in the colder months.

But, if you are like us and the summer months are when you have to take vacation, then I would definitely recommend going with Adrian and Crystal River Watersports / Florida Manatee Tours Group. He makes the experience much nicer. Plus, he takes pictures for you and posts them on their facebook page for you to get for FREE!!

Hyman Family