“Fantastic Family Water Adventure Trip!”

Plantation Inn and Golf Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Resort facility offering the 18-hole Championship Course at par 72, and the nine-hole Lagoon Course that stretches 2,511 yards at par 33.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our family (9 & 11 year olds) had a tremendous time enjoying the Plantation Inn and all of the amenities and activities offered. The resort is recently renovated and offered everything a demanding family would want – comfy beds, great shower, refrigerator, coffee maker and a flat screen TV when we needed to recharge after the day’s events. The staff throughout the resort was helpful and gracious.

The location is superb! There is a spa and fitness center and it is located on a golf course but we did not have time to enjoy these features as we were too busy kayaking and scalloping! The area is simply spectacular and a wonderful retreat from the typical busy city life.

Scalloping Season is July 01- September 24th and you can book a trip through the hotel dive shop. Jeff was a brilliant guide and made sure all family members were enjoying the day on the boat. The scalloping was outstanding! My 9 year old son said…..”it was a weekend I will remember for the rest of my life”. He was determined to catch the most scallops and won the family competition with 125 in his bag!

You dock your boat at the end of the day and there are helpful people there available to clean the scallops. Then we went to the hotel restaurant and the chef will prepare your scallops in four different ways! Go with the chefs choice! All in all it was one of the best weekends we have had in Florida, thanks to the Plantation Inn, the wonderful resort, the great service and the impressive wildlife and water activities. We will definitely be back to swim with the manatees!

1  Thank Christine C

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night. Before booking the room we made sure that it was pet friendly. Although, we booked a two queen bed room for our family of 4, upon arrival we were told that the "dog wing" did not have queen beds. We were given a room with two full beds (for a lower cost), and therefore had to get a roll-on bed to accommodate us, which was a monster, taking up almost all of the remaining space in the room. Other than that, we liked the location and the food at the restaurant. The pool was big and clean, but way too shallow - 4.5 feet maximum depth. We would like it to have a deep end there, where adults would not feel like sitting in the kiddie pool.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I go to Crystal River to visit our young granddaughters. We always choose to stay at the Plantation Inn. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and have a refrigerator and coffee maker. The pool is large and not too deep so it is perfect for the kids. There are plenty of lounge chairs poolside. We like to stay in a patio room so that we can walk outside directly from the room and not have to walk down an inner corridor. The staff is always pleasant. There is a tiki bar at the pool and the main dining room serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the Plantation Inn a few years back and had a great experience. If you are looking for a modern "Marriott-like" hotel, then this isn't the place for you. If you appreciate history and the Old South plantation feel, you will really enjoy your stay. You don't come to the Plantation Inn to hang out inside your hotel room. You come to experience the beautiful Gulf of Mexico and all the fun restaurants and people that will surround you.

I recently won a 2 night/3 day stay at the Plantation Inn but I lost my gift certificate. I called a few months later and the staff agreed to mail me a new one. Once I hung up, the reservation staff called me to book my reservation. I couldn't have been happier. I was positive that I had lost my chance at a free stay here. Most hotels would have told me that the original gift certificate was required.

Very impressed with this group!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice people, elegant old hotel. I may be downgrading a bit too much because we were traveling with our dog and were obviously put in the "dog wing" which would benefit from upgrading. It may be that other areas of the hotel are much nicer. Food was nothing to brag about and overpriced. Pool area very nice. Golf course so-so, there are better courses in the area/