“Good food but lacking ambiance !!”
Review of Fat Cat Grill - CLOSED

Fat Cat Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in a historic building in downtown Crystal River, Fat Cat Grill offers fresh, Southern inspired, specialties cooked over our wood burning grill. A Full liquor bar has been added serving moderately priced cocktails, wines and specialty beers
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food is good nothing special, but the place is very sterile looking on the inside. No ambiance at all. If the owner spend more effort to decorate the place, maybe I'll give that place a try again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We are officially in love with Fat Cat Grill. For a hometown that has had NO excellent restaurants in the 13 years we have been here, I can finally write a review for one! PLEASE try the Tuna Poke; excellent. The flat bread is the crispy cracker flat bread of my dreams......perfect amount of thinly sliced fresh tomato, basil and cheese. Excellent pricing for the quality of food. Their specials are always excellent, especially the fresh fish. My only complaint is they need to improve on the acoustics. They have live bands on the weekends and with customer chatter, it is way too loud in there. Other than that, we love this place. If the owners are reading this, an outside patio facing Citrus Ave would be great too!!

3  Thank TheDecorator99
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Small, quaint, place and charming and very much patronized by the locals. We found this place by accident on a very long road trip and we were happy for it. The staff was warm and helpful. It was clean with a funky art vibe. Lots of thought given to every detail. Do try the salt and pepper calamari. oh! do try the Fat Cat Wine as well! I would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The large bar is surrounded by tables. Much bigger than it looks from the outside. Very clean and staff treated us well. Food was above average. We will go back again. The She Crab soup was wonderful.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I went on a Tuesday night and there were no customers.

The place looked clean and quaint but shortly after my meal roaches started crawling across the dining room. Another patron pointed it out to the server and the server embarrassingly denied it was a roach and said it was a grasshopper. Grasshoppers don't crawl!

I ordered the fried pickles for an appetizer. I was surprised they weren't pickle chips like other restaurants so the inappropriately, clad dressed server went to the back and made fun of me to the other staff. What a shame, because those fried pickles were delicious in a Panko breadcrumb and nice dipping sauce.

For dinner, I had the fish tacos. Also, very good. They had a little kick but with the mango salsa it was a blast of flavors in my mouth.

The food was very tasty. Shame the menu lacked selections and they had a trashy server.