“Dont waste your time.”

Private Custom Manatee Tour and Swim
Ranked #11 of 52 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Great snorkel/dive/kayak/sightseeing-by-boat tours!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Worse experience I have ever Had in my entire life. My family and I went to snorkel with manatees. First off never got to swim with manatees. Barely even saw one that was a young male the captain was following him and chasing him until he hide under a dock. The captain was rude and cursing very unprofessional. Out of two hours I was in the water 5 minutes that's it. False advertising

5  Thank Melissa C

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Because it's summer there aren't many manatees to be found however our captain did his best ans located 2. It was a fun boat ride and hiss sense of humor kept us laughing, a great day.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Similar to a previous review, the customer service seemed about them and not the customer at first in an early exchange, but was good enough overall. Boat ride relaxing during times not in the water and you get used to 72 degrees easily when it is 94 degrees air temperature. We saw one Manatee but water was not clear. We did not leave with wow factor. Glad to have tried it out but would recommend a dolphin cruise in Tampa Bay area with Dolphin Racer.

1  Thank Sgood111
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We are repeat manatee swim local customers, tried the scalloping experience. Highly recommend!!! Not only do you get a great day out on the water, but you get to take home delicacies in a baggie! Capt Glenn Wilsey & Capt Casey were great!!! It is best enjoyed if you have basic snorkeling skills & a little confidence in your swimming ability, but if you are a little weak the Captains help you gain confidence & before you know it you are swimming in the Gulf enjoying nature and hunting for tasty morsels!!! You definitely get your money's worth from the modest price of this day out on the water!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I tried to book 5 people on the manatee tour. 4 of which had groupons. At first a lady called and she was struggling to write the reservation down because and I quote, "I am writing with a pencil on paper and holding a phone." Then she argued with me over what my groupon voucher number was. She was upset my voucher had 7 numbers, not 8.

I then repeated the question and asked, "do you not get many groupons?" She mocked me to a captain then refused to take my reservation and handed the phone to the captain. The reservation was then going smooth until I requested the 5th person without a groupon be marked as "summer fee" and if I find the groupon online I will buy a fifth one and use that. He then argued with me over legalities and being sued if he tells me if the groupon is still available and what the original cost of my groupon was.

I asked that the reservation be cancelled because if the people reserving the spots are this argumentative then I am not sure this is a family-friendly place to spend out Saturday. He then stated he scratched me out, he is not the owner and I can call back at 9a to speak to an office person.

I am very upset that this took place. I am contacting others to let them know my experience. I wanted you to know so you could consider hiring service oriented people or do customer service training.

10  Thank Kailani333