“A Once in a Lifetime Experience!”

Manatee Tour and Dive
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Manatee Tour plus Snorkeling
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Great snorkel/dive/kayak/sightseeing-by-boat tours!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I went there today (oct. 13, 2013) not knowing what to expect and were blown away. We went to two different sights and swam with a total of 6 manatees. The first group we swam with were in an area that was a bit murky, but the presence was still overwhelming. I was going to go home happy if that was all we saw. Then captain Glen took us to an area were the water was really clear and we happened upon a mom and its baby and another baby that had been orphaned. Everyone in the group got amazing view of the manatees and got to pet them. The best part to me at least is that captain Glen hopped in the water with us and tookus right up to them. He showed us proper technique on how to touch them and he took TONS of photos of everyone. He didn't charge for them, all we had to do was contact him on fb and he sent them to us! He was truly an amazing captain and made our experience great! Would recommend them to friends and family and plan to come back again!

2  Thank emilypotts24
"making sure"
in 10 reviews
"underwater camera"

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I purchased the tickets via groupon for which was not only a great deal but also a wonder experience. Manatees were scarced but BIll (captain) was very insistent on making sure we had the ultimate experience. Finally we were able to get to location where there was a mom and baby and how beautiful was it. Baby loved playing with me and others but many thought it gravated to me. it even kissed me. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I had a perfect scalloping trip with Captain Jim and Charlie. We brought home over 2 lbs. of scallop meat. Jim and Charlie were so nice and informative and the boat ride was smooth out to the Gulf. Please look up this business "Manatee Tour and Dive' when you want to scallop or just go out and see the Manatees. We need to support our family owned companies. We paid 1/2 the price that we could have paid should we have gone through the Plantation Hotel where we were staying...Jim and Charlie cleaned all of our scallops for us and always made sure we were comfortable during the ride to our destination area. They took us to 2 separate places to scallop and all of our snorkel equipment and fins were included. We loved the boat too...Thank you Captain Jim and Charlie for a very memorable adventure.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went out with Capt. Jim and the scalloping was fantastic! My kids loved it and even saw a ton of starfish, stone crab and conch. A must next year.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went on this tour week of 8/11/13 through Groupon. Had the privalege to be taken out by Captain Casey. Full Boat, was a lot of fun. Tuesday and Fridays are booked solid as per a contract they have with something else. No prob. Found another day that worked well. Manatee tour and dive provides wet suits (you can wear your shorts, bikini, bathing suit underneath). Kings Bay where we did the tour was a little on the cool side for water temp. Still was comfortable with the wet suit. We came across with three or four manatees in the two and a half hour tour. One manatee actually hung around a bit and all of them were looking for food. The one that hung around a bit, allowed for everyone to spend 15 minutes or so getting a good look at it, touch it when it came up for air (should only touch the manatee when it comes up for air every few minutes), and the other manatees were pretty much fast moving. Briefly gave us chances to see them and watch them. Casey tried reahard the entire time to find the manatees, and a couple others on the tour helped out. He gave a little background on who the manatees are, what they do, where they come from, busy times of year for manatees in King Bay, etc. Great time all around. I would not go with anyone else in Crystal River for manatee tours. There is a one person mens and one person womens bathroom on site to change. Storage space is your car. They do mention how they do not really like doing business through Groupon because of the cheap price that is offered when they can get others paying full price. That said, if they do great, you have a good time, they deserve a nice tip, 5 to 10 per person, based on how generous you are.

2  Thank RoadRabbitTC