“Amazing experience.”

Private Tour: Custom Snorkeling Tour with Manatee Swim
Ranked #11 of 54 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Great snorkel/dive/kayak/sightseeing-by-boat tours!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We planned our crystal river vacation around the Groupon for this company. They were great from start to finish. The early ride was booked, but no worries, we saw a good amount of manatees, even in June! Captain Glenn was able to direct the group to the manatees consistently, and we hit the jackpot with a momma and baby close to the Springs! Really a wonderful time; Sister springs are beautiful!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Even though this is the off season to see the manatees, Capt. Casey did an amazing job to find several for us to swim with. The entire staff was courteous and helpful. Location was easy to find, good facilities, great snorkel gear, and nice sized boat with a canopy to keep us cool. Thanks for a perfect day Rich, Natalie, Richie, and Travis.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

While visiting Walt Disney World, we decided to forgo the crowds for one day and drove up to Crystal River for the purpose of kayaking and snorkeling. Manatee Tour & Dive accommodated us for both activities. First, we took a group snorkeling tour where a boat took us out to look at manatees. Unfortunately we picked the wrong time to visit. A storm had caused the water to cloud and it was very hard to see anything. Despite this, we did manage to swim with a few manatees. They weren't especially friendly but just the experience of getting that close to such a magnificent creature was worth the visit. Our tour guide was incredibly informative and friendly. Once we got back from the tour, we grabbed a kayak and paddled over to Three Sister's Spring. The water was clear, blue and perfect. We spent an hour swimming, taking underwater pictures and just enjoying nature. If I could do one thing differently, I would visit between December and March when manatee viewing is at it's best. When I do come back, I will be booking my trip with Manatee Tour and Dive.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We signed up for the early morning tour because we had read that was the best time to see and swim with the manatees. We were not disappointed. Towards the end of our tour, the mantees were getting harder to see when snorkeling so I can see how an afternoon tour may not be as good. We had a group of 6 and 2 others had reservations but were a no show, so we had the entire boat/tour to our selves. Yes, the boat is nothing fancy, just a pontoon but what else would you want for ease of getting in and out of the water without disturbing the Manatees? Wet suits were nice and clean along with masks and snorkel. I still cannot believe my son and I swam right next to and followed manatees for hours. It was Amazing and an experience we will never forget. Seeing some of the other companies out on the water as well, I could tell we made the right choice by going with Manatee Tour and Dive.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I guess this is what you might call a "value" tour. The platform is a basic pontoon boat, not a a yacht or houseboat. There's no champagne or hors d'oeuvres. You're on your own for taking pictures. I was aware of that going in, so I was not disappointed. If you want any of that, I believe it's all available from different tour operators.

It's the wrong time of the year to go it turns out, but we had fun nonetheless. It took a while, but Capt. Jim found one manatee that was willing to interact with all of us. There were 10-12 people on the tour which made it difficult to get in and actually touch the manatee because, of course, everyone is excited and kinda crowding in. Eventually though, everyone got their turn and the manatee got to control what was happening like it's supposed to.