“Nice trip”

Manatees In Paradise
Ranked #3 of 52 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: No Walk-ins Accepted, small boat tours. We no longer offer tours from May-October due to overcrowding of larger tour companies and low manatee numbers. Reservations and confirmations by email only. We are a tiny, educational and fun tour company owned and operated ONLY by the owners/captains. We give each tour the "personal and educational" attention you want and allow the manatees to feel comfortable while we explore their world. We are proud to be a "NO TOUCH the wild manatees" tour company. Anyone encouraging touching/rubbing/petting manatees even after they initiate an interaction, is not promoting good stewardship towards wild manatees. Befriending wild manatees reduces their chance for survival as you habituate them towards boats and people. Keep wildlife wild.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Verf Nice trip had with Stacy, she knows everything about the manatees, so we are also expert now :). Stacy works for the manatees and not to make more money for Herself, she has a real good ad warm hard for the animale. We slim with the manatees and Stacy yells are exactly what's to do so we do not disturb the wildlife and we can see the animals very good. Of you take a trip we can advice Tracy!

1  Thank Leanderc2013
seacowgirl, Owner at Manatees In Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

WOW, I'd like to know what you consider a 5 start rating !! Your day was AMAZING and many guests who come during the Summer months only get to hope or imagine the possibility of running into a manatee in the clearer waters near the Three Sisters Springs !! As I point out in every individual confirmation email, this is the "off season" for seeing the manatees up in the spring. (I've noticed a lot of guests recently aren't READING my email by some of the questions they ask when we get started on our tour, so if you're not reading it you won't be informed.) and for that ......don't blame me. I also give you a link to read about the amazing manatees before your tour and in your case it probably would have been a good thing to do, to familiarize yourself and your young son with how big these wild animals are, he was obviously very nervous about being face-to-face with this gentle giant.

I hope that you did learn about the manatees and I'm glad you could join us. The future of swimming with the "wild" manatees is under a great deal of scrutiny because of lack of education to the public and snorkel guests ending up in a lot of wrongdoing when encountering manatees. Because of these problems, this amazing adventure might not be available in the future. I hope that you'll show and share with your family and friends all of the free pictures I took - close to 100, glad after 3 tries to email them to you - you got them!!
Thank you for your kind remarks after you received them: I have pasted it in my response to your rating:

From: leanderc2013
To: Capt. Stacy
Sent: Tue, Aug 13, 2013 7:55 pm
Subject: RE: Pictures sent from PhotoStudio Expressions

Yes, we got them, they are beautiful
thank You very much stacy and keep up the good work!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the rest of your vacation and have a safe trip home to the Netherlands!
Capt. Stacy

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Captain Stacey has a mission in life and it is to help save the manatees. Our family loves animals and we were thrilled at the chance to go to Crystal River and swim with the manatees and see them up close in their natural environment. We are very sensitive to animals well being and did not want to take a tour that was endangering the manatees or harming/ harassing them in any way. After reading the trip advisor reviews we decidede Capt. Stacey would best fit the bill.
We went on a private tour with her with our family of five and it was an experience we will never forget. It was summer, so the water was murky with algae. We snorkeled in the crystal clear three sisters springs area which was so tranquil and beautiful. Afterwards Capt. Stacey drove us up and down the canals while we looked for manatees for four hours. She really wanted us to see as many as possible, while taking care not to disturb them. During the ride she told about the area, the problems for manatees survival, what is being done, her rescue efforts and lots of other interesting information. She is the only tour operator who is part of a manatee rescue group. We saw some other tours that were packed with people (which also is harmful for the manatees to have so many snorkelers at once trying to swim with them), and they weren't out nearly as long as we were.
So, if you are considering which tour to take- look no further....this is the one!

1  Thank 5togoGeorgia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This trip was fabulous!! First let me say, I respect a company that tells you up front this is not prime time to see manatees and visibility is difficult in the summer. Captain Mike met us at the marina and had spotted manatees on the way in, so he promptly took is to the spot to Snorkle. It was breathtaking to swim with these wonderful animals....actually took me a few minutes to calm the excitement and breathe correctly in my Snorkle ; ). It was obvious of their care and concern for the manatees and the tourist. A baby played on our boat steps for 30 minutes and it was amazing. He educated us abut the manatees, but was very informative. Not an overkill. Will definitely try to comeback one winter to te the full experience and book with them again! I would high,y recommend this exxursion.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our family enjoyed a wonderful time with Captain Stacy on the Crystal River. The experience of snorkelling with manatees is one that we will never forget. It was made all the better as a result of Stacy's coaching on how to be close to these amazing animals without making them uncomfortable as a result of our presence. Stacy obviously cares a lot about manatees and the knowledge she imparted to us made our trip all the more enjoyable.

I would highly recommend this trip.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We all had such a great time searching for manatees with captain mike. Although it was july 31st and not the best time to find manatees we were lucky enough to see and swim with two groups of manatees. The youngsters were so quite throughout the trip. Thank you. What a great experience and thanks also for the photos.... just the one thing I would change next time and that would be the time of year....