Review Highlights
What a blessing!!!

This adventure was fabulous. Captain Mike and Stacey provided us with a great family experience... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
kellyg555
Fort Payne, Alabama
via mobile
The best and most friendly manatee tour you could go on

We had the honour to be accompanied by captain Stacy and Mike on their manatee tour. Their eco... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
martinasartor
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews captain stacy private tour these gentle giants once in a lifetime manatee tour amazing experience wonderful animals small group passive observation three sisters personal experience face to face amazing tour dunn knowledge rescues respect
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Captain Stacy treated us to a fantastic trip. Although outside of the best season as we went in early May we still got to swim with these awesome mammals and Captain Stacy spent time going over how to swim with them and what to do/what not to do. We saw a couple of people on other boats swimming after them and she made sure they didn't do it again! This was the highlight of our trip to Florida and I'd recommend this trip to everyone! It's made all the better as Captain Stacy took lots of photos and emailed them to us afterwards so I had mine and hers to remind me of this once in a lifetime (although I hope its not!) trip.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We did know that at the time we where in Chrystal River, most of the Manatees moved out and the visibilitycould be worse. Therefor we searched for the best Manatee trip, which we found by Manatees in Paradise, and Captain Stacey did not disappoint us. This is not like most of the commercial trips which takes out a big amount of people (and even couldn’t find one Manatee at the day we did the trip with Capt.. Stacey)! Capain Stacey is able to locate Manatees the best. We were lucky to swim close to the three sister spring, in clear water with a mom and its calf.
After the trip we received beautiful photo's for free from Capt Stacey and even a short movieclip on youtube!

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? This was single handedly one of the best experiences of my life. Kind of makes the rest of my Florida Vacation pale in comparison.

What the other reviewers say is spot on: Capt. Stacy is THE BEST tour to book. Not only is she knowledgeable and safe, but she is respectful of these gorgeous mammals.

The BIG plus for Capt. Stacy's tour is that she has a boat that can take you to the 3 sister's spring. You have to go under a bridge to get there, and the big tour company's boats can't fit under (haha!). The Springs is simply beautiful and had the clearest water for snorkeling. We also had the springs to ourselves! Summer isn't busy here, so it can be a great time to visit!

The biggest plus to heading into the springs area is that since the water is really clear, it provides a great opportunity to actually see manatees in the water in the summer (since the rest of the bay is so murky with algae in the summer and it makes visibility difficult). But. .. you need to get lucky. We were lucky!!!!! We saw a couple mamas and a few babies on a few different occasions.

It was difficult to be in the water and be still (this is necessary to get the manatees to come to you). The swim noodles helped, but took some getting used to.

They came right up to us...swam right against us. This is a little unnerving at first, but also very exciting! I had one do a roll for me (I had my hand on him and he did a roll so I could run my hand around his whole body). WOW!!!

I also had two babies come up to me at once (I had one hand on each). Double WOW!

The whole time Capt Stacy took photos of everything and then emailed them to me later that day. Must've been close to 100 photos... and this is something she provides at no extra cost.

Capt Stacy deserves HUGE kudos for running the most ethical tour in Crystal River. She cares about the manatees and is mostly interested in spreading awareness. Don't get me wrong. She makes every effort to get you an encounter... even if she didn't promise anything. As you can tell by her reviews, hardly anyone leaves disappointed!

1  Thank Pokee
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Super freundlicher Kontakt mit Capt Stacy und Mike.
semi-private Tour - 3 Stunden im Manatee-Paradise. Sehr professionelle Einfuehrung und respektvoller Umgang mit den Manatees. Absolutes Highlight war das Knutschen des Manatee-Babys - hat mich wohl wegen meiner Figur mit seiner Mutti verwechselt.

Absolutes Muss - kann ich nur jedem empfehlen - I'll be back.

I loved my encounter with the manatees, especially the kiss of the baby manatee. Absolut a must for a vacation in Crystal River. I can recommend Stacy and Mike's Tour because oft their respect and love for these peaceful mammals. I'll be back. Thanks for the fotos.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Did you ever have an encounter with someone or something which took your breathe away and you knew it was a once in a lifetime experience? Captain Stacey Dunn's manatee tour was that encounter for me! :) Beginning from picking you up at the boat dock with a warm welcome to her explaining her love of the ocean life and the manatees, Captain Stacey Dunn set the day's adventure off to a great start. She will educate you on the bay surroundings with much detail on the area and wildlife that live there as well. The area was beautiful, serene and clean. Captain Stacey puts her heart into the excursion with you and actually will snorkel with you and the manatees if you ask. And then the special time comes when you spot one of those big and beautiful sea creatures [manatees] and actually are able to touch and spend some time with them, your day is complete with the Manatees in Paradise at Crystal Rivers Florida. One never knows, Mr. Dolphin might pay you a visit as well as he did us and make your day, well, a once in a lifetime encounter! :)