Manatees In Paradise
Ranked #5 of 55 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FREE U/W VIDEO of your adventure -No Walk-ins Accepted, small boat tours. We no longer offer tours from May-October due to overcrowding of larger tour companies and low manatee numbers. Reservations and confirmations by email only. We are a tiny, educational and fun tour company owned and operated ONLY by the owners/captains. We give each tour the "personal and educational" attention you want and allow the manatees to feel comfortable while we explore their world. We are proud to be a "NO TOUCH the wild manatees" tour company. Anyone encouraging touching/rubbing/petting manatees even after they initiate an interaction, is not promoting good stewardship towards wild manatees. Befriending wild manatees reduces their chance for survival as you habituate them towards boats and people. Keep wildlife wild.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stacy was so knowledgeable and informative about the manatees and this whole area, it was just an added bonus to this spectacular experience. Her love and devotion to these creatures is quite evident. One thing I would advise though, this is not for children under 5. My child was a quite a distraction from the whole experience. I will return when she is older and can appreciate this as much as I did. Sorry you had to put up with her Stacy - another lesson learned for me!

seacowgirl, Owner at Manatees In Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

It was my pleasure, hurry back again!!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"face to face"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Doing your research and choosing the right tour company can make the difference between just an experience and a magical one. Manatees in Paradise are the best at what they do. Capt. Stacy was just spectacular and made the trip a day to remember forever. She knew exactly where the manatees would be this time of year and took her time to explain and teach us all about these wonderful animals. My husband, teenage daughter and myself, learned so much about the manatees on this trip that I was able to spot a monofilament line coming out of a baby manatee's mouth during my swim with it. Capt. Stacy was quick to enter the water and together we were able to take some great pics that she sent to the Crystal River Nat'l Wildlife Refuge who quickly sent someone to assess the manatee's condition. To be part of this rescue was just a wonderful feeling. Cap.t Stacy really cares about the manatees. So many other tour boats are filled with alot of people and are just in it for the money, but Capt. Stacy keeps her tours to only 6 people and really educates you about the manatees so you can pass that along and maintain a healthy and respectful relationship with these magical creatures of the sea. She took us to see wild dolphins and let us swim in the springs as long as we want. There was never a rush. And the great thing is that she has kept me in the loop on the progress of the little manatee. He is doing fine and they will keep monitoring him in the wild since he is still nursing. Not many people will do that. This tour is absolutely special and the cost is very reasonable for what you get. The wetsuits are top notch and I didn't even feel the coldness of the water. Plus, as a bonus, she takes tons and tons of pictures of your trip and emails them by the next day to your email for free. I can't say enough great things about this tour company. Manatees in Paradise are #1 in my book. With them, you will really learn about manatees and get a one on one personal attention from an expert. I can't wait to go back and will be booking with Manatees in Paradise again in the future! Thank you Capt. Stacy for a magical day! We haven't stopped talking about it.

2  Thank foodiequeen407
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Prior to booking I spent a good deal of time researching all of the companies on trip advisor for manatee tours. There are a lot! I narrowed it down to the 3 main ones (Birds, River Venture, and then this one) based on the reviews. I was almost in disbelief over the nearly 600 all five star reviews of Manatees in Paradise. It had to be too good to be true. I am SO HAPPY we went with Paradise (although all of the Captains of the various companies have a great relationship with each other - they were all in communication to find the best spot for everybody).

The thing that made me choose Paradise was the group size. There's a limit to 6 people on the boat (our tour had 5) and the price for it was very reasonable.

We had the most wonderful time swimming with the manatees. Right off the bat, in Kings Bay, we found a couple munching away (if you can, listen for their chewing sound! So cute). My husband and I visited in early May, and there were still enough manatees left to have a satisfying trip.

Capt Mike even took us to a more secluded area and we found a mom and a baby manatee playing around.

To put the icing on the cake, he then took us the to swim around 3 Sisters Springs - crystal clear water! There are no manatees there this time of year, but it is gorgeous to snorkel there. He took bunches of pictures and then emailed them to us later.

Capt Stacy, his wife, didn't join us, but she was wonderful in helping us book the tour. You confirm by email and pay when you are finished with the tour.

Crystal River really is paradise and my husband and I cannot wait to return.

1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I knew from the previous reviews I read that this tour with Captain Stacy would not be a dissapointment. Captain Stacy is the tour guide that you need to choose. Not only do you get the Manatee experience up and close, but she takes great care to make sure we are not bothering them in their habitat. There are other tour companies that are in this for the money, not the case with Captain Stacy. If you care at all about the Manatee's and environment, and the future of these interactions, please choose Captain Stacy. We highly recommend her and we will be back. Nothing negative whatsoever that we can say. We had many interactions even during the off time of May. She also took well over a hundred pictures for us to keep at no extra charge. The best, thank you Captain Stacy, and keep saving those beautiful creatures!!
Wendy from Minnesota