“Great experience”

Manatees In Paradise
Ranked #2 of 51 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: No Walk-ins Accepted - Small boat tours - We no longer offer tours: May-October due to the water quality and manatee numbers. Tour Reservation Confirmation Required by email only -We are a private tour company owned and operated ONLY by the owners/captains. We give each tour the "personal and educational" attention you want and allow the manatees to feel comfortable while we explore their world. While on tour if you ask, we'll even explain how manatee rescues are performed and what we do in our spare time as manatee volunteers to help PROTECT and PRESERVE, this incredible species for future generations. LOOK- DON'T TOUCH the wild manatees, touching/rubbing/petting manatees reduces their chance for survival as you habituate them towards boats and people. Keep wildlife wild.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was a great experience from start to finish. Captain Stacy was very helpful in planning the tour, and Captain Mike was very informative and entertaining during the tour. We saw a lot of manatees, even though it was off season. This was a truly memorable experience, and we have pictures to enjoy. I'm so glad I listened to these reviews and booked with them!

Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“wonderful”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Captain Mike is terrific. It is apparent that he cares about the manatees and enjoys sharing his knowledge with others. Nice man with a sense of humor. He even gave us dining recommendations. Our annual sisters adventure was a success- thanks!

Athens, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Best Manatee Tour Ever!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

There are numerous manatee tour operations, but go with Captain Mike and Stacy if you want the very best. Our family was looking forward to this event for months and the experience exceeded all expectations. It was important for us to employ a caring and careful captain, and it was obvious how much Captain Mike cares for manatees in many ways, including his involvement with manatee rescue. He must have tours daily, but his energy and joy for the manatee gave you the feeling this was his first tour and we were his first customers.

Visited March 2013
UK
3 attraction reviews
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had been wanting to take this tour for sometime, after reading reviews we chose to go with Manatees in Paradise, we were so please that we did. The tour exceeded our expectations , Stacey was extremely knowlegable about the area and the manatees, she showed great care and compassion for the beautiful gentle giants, we would not hesitate is recommending Manatees in Parafise to anyone who wants a truly unique experience.

Sharon, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Customer Service Ever!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I went on a tour with Captain Stacy in September of 2012. I wanted to swim with the manatees ever since I saw a documentary many years ago about these gentle creatures. Since I was in my early 60's I decided that the time was now. The experience with Capt. Stacy and the manatees was more amazing than I ever imagined. She lived up to all her 5-star reviews.

When we came home, we were so pleased to receive a ton of pictures from Capt. Stacy via email. This was an extra that I never expected. I couldn't believe all the trouble she went through.

Recently, I decided to put together an album with the pictures that we took and the ones we received from Capt. Stacey. I was so upset to realize that somehow the pictures did not transfer over to our new laptop. I knew that they were irreplaceable and I was beside myself.

I contacted Capt. Stacy to ask if by some miracle she still had the pictures even though our tour was 6 months ago. She responded the NEXT DAY and sent me all the pictures!!! I have never experienced such amazing service.

If I could, I would give Capt. Stacey a "perfect 10-stars"

Visited September 2012