“Nice view on the water.”

Crystal River Ale House
Ranked #34 of 100 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: American, Indian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Nice view on the water.”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice Blackened MahiMahi sandwich with a beautiful view of Kings Bay. Laura, our server, is very pleasant and efficient.

Visited February 2014

Palm Coast, Florida
“dinner was ok”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner ...ok food
Close to our condo while visiting crystal river and thought it would be a good local place to have a bite to eat.
Had the new England clam chowder in the bread bowl...ok
Also had the chili bowl...very good
The swai and chips.... good fish
View is definitely nice
Ale house.?Had a very limited beer selection! !

Visited January 2014
Dunnellon, Florida
“great place for a group”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We went to this restaurant in January with a group of 17 people. I was worried that the service/and/or food would be less than satisfactory. We were all pleasantly surprised that they handled our group very efficiently. The waitresses were more than accommodating, the food was great, and the price was average. In all, it was a great experience. So much so that my husband and I went back for lunch. Again, it was great!!!! Highly recommend the Rueben and hamburgers. One of the only places that cooks the burgers to the specifications you give. Hurray! Our waitress, Laura, was fantastic!

• Visited January 2014
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“nice place”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

we were there to watch the football game. Service was customer oriented. they have an awesome deck on the river!!

Visited January 2014
Front Royal, Virginia
“They've upped their game!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

When we lived full-time in this area of Florida, we'd try the Ale House not really knowing whether or not we'd get good food/good service. Well they have transformed themselves, and both the food and service we received recently are excellent. I've eaten there twice in the past week. The shrimp basket with 3-bean salad as the side was so delicious the first time, that I knew before I walked in what I was going to order on the return visit. There's another restaurant about 20 miles from the Ale House that has always been my "gold standard" for fried shrimp. Well now the Ale House is my new "gold standard". Plump, perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned and very lightly breaded shrimp served piping hot were outstanding! And love having a non-potato/non-mayonnaise alternative for the side. The 3-bean salad was a treat.

On our first visit, my husband had the patty melt, which was also first rate, even if a bit messy to eat. On the second visit, my friend had the grouper Rueben which she loved...real grouper here folks.

On a warm & not-windy day, eating outside on the patio at the Ale House is a must. The venue overlooks the Crystal River and is always scenic. It was so windy and chilly, however, on both recent visits that we sat inside - with views of the river through the window.

My only wish is that the Ale House opened earlier for lunch during the week. I believe they don't begin serving lunch until noon, which for us early birds is a little late. But the staff was super friendly, and I look forward to going back several times before we head back north.

• Visited January 2014