“Simply Heavenly!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you are looking for amazing food and great prices than this is the place to eat! I had the Turkey & Cranberry sandwich which comes with a perfect sized salad and drink. I also had their homemade rice pudding for dessert. The only suggestion I would offer is to order some to go because you'll be craving it later I promise!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

After swimming with the manatees (River Ventures) we really did not think that the day could get any better,we were wrong and thanks to TripAdvisor we found the Highland Cafe. The service was friendly, efficient and the food amazing. The fare is simple, we had lunch, allordered different things and each one of them delicious. If you like toasted cheese and ham sandwiches you are in for a treat! Foe desert we tried the scones with Jam and cream, OMG (!!) for one I didnt care about the 500+++ calories, sheer delight and as good as any I have had in the UK. Go here for lunch, I really cannot say one bad thing against this lovely cafe.

1  Thank DeboraTravels
Reviewed July 22, 2013

They have a small menu but all the food is fresh and made there. I have eaten lunch here quite a few times and always happy with the food. The deserts are excellent and very good coffee. The place is always crowded. I have taken home scones for breakfast the next day. The spinach and feta quiche is excellent. Everything I have eaten there is five star.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We happened by this clean, very friendly, delicious cafe after our wonderful morning tour with manateefun. It was very nice to sit outside and relax with just the right amount of food (bagels, sandwich, excellent coffee). The service was excellent: not hovering and did not leave you stranded. Atmosphere was great. Like having lunch on auntie's porch.We were spotted as "tourists" but were welcomed as friends by staff and local guests. Thank you for a great visit to Crystal River!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food is very good for lunch.

The place is always very crowded, and very loud due to its small space. The table are very close together, and some old people likes to talk very loud(there was even one old lady have Ear Muffs on during the meal, and talks very loud - since she can not hear herself. They staff did not bother to ask her to talk in lower voice, which REALLY effected my ability to enjoy my meal.

The staff were very pleasant(it is a family run business and I think most wait staff are part of the family). The food is very fresh and tasty. Good place for Lunch, but bring your own ear muffs or ear plugs.