“Excellent activity great value for money”

River Ventures Manatee Tour Center
Crystal River Manatee Swim
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: River Ventures is a full service Tour center located in beautiful Crystal River, Florida. We offer many tour options to share all that the Nature Coast has to show you and we emphasize education about these Eco-systems!We have a passion for what we do, and it shows! Our Endangered Encounter manatee tours are our specialty, but we have so much more to offer! Air boat tours,VIP customized packages,Stand Up Paddle Boards, Scallop charters, sunset cruises, private charters, guided paddle tours on multiple rivers....we have much more to offer than you would expect!Spend the day or spend the week and River Ventures will introduce you to 'More than Manatee'!! Tours to snorkel with the manatees in their natural habitat are conducted daily, year round (reservations in advance are highly suggested). Our highly experienced in-water guides will escort you into the refuge to find the endangered manatee for viewing and up close encounters. River Ventures offers daily group trips of up to 12, and also offers private trips for both large and small groups including VIP and houseboat tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent activity great value for money”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

we had a fantastic morning here, so much to see and great education about these wonderful creatures. So worth our 2 hour trip from the Orlando area :-)

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went on a tour with captain Mike on the 2nd January and it was truly amazing, a very professional yet friendly company and I would totally recommend this trip with this company to my firends and family. Awesome experience can't wait to repeat it!

West Chester, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Company to see the Manatees with.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is my second time going with River Ventures to see the manatees, and my family's first. The staff are extremely polite and very knowledgable on the manatees. They give a great presentation and tell you the rules you need to follow to keep you out of trouble with the authorities when floating with the manatees. We had Capt Glenn as a tour guide. He is a excellent guide, good photographer, and has a sense of humor. Well worth a generous tip.
The shop has a nice selection of soveniers. Clean and well organized . The wet suits are in good condition as well. The price was very fair and competative. They told me they will be starting a Rainbow River drift dive / snorkel trip next year. If I go back to Crystal River next year, I will definitely book with River Ventures for a manatee and Rainbow River trip. The hot chocolate they offer after the snorkeling is a nice treat and a bonus. You can't go wrong with this company.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“girls getaway to swim with the manatees”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Having swam with dolphins, sharks and stingrays in the past, swimming with the manatees was by far the best experience! I was extremely impressed with how organized and knowledgable River Ventures was for a safe and fun adventure. Mike was our guide and was so great to be around. He is pretty much an expert in the area and especially with the manatees. I also appreciated his laid back attitude on the trip as he wasn't tied to a schedule. He ensured we had a great experience and we did. I strongly recommend River Ventures and Mike!

Spring Hill, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have wanted to do this for years so my daughter bought tickets as a Christmas present. Great gift for anyone. Unfortunately, we went on a very busy weekend. The first area we went to was crowded with snorkelers. However, our guide, Sean, was fantastic. He took us further out where we joined only one other boat of swimmers. We saw lots of manatees, petted them, and swam right next to these gentle creatures. Awesome! If you're worried about being cold, don't. The heavy duty wet suits are fantastic.

Sean added to the enjoyment of the trip. He gave us facts about the area and kept us informed of what we were seeing. He had a great sense of humor and was very knowledgeable. He and the company made sure we were aware of the rules about swimming with manatees.

My only negative comment is that I thought it would have been better with less people on the tour. We had 10-12 people and met up with another boat with about the same number. I am not a pushy person,, so I ended up at the back of the crowd and did not get to see the baby manatee and others that everyone surrounded. Overall, this is an adventure you need to experience!!!

1 Thank stephaniestorm