“Overall, Very Good Thai food”
Review of Thai Phoon

Thai Phoon
Ranked #10 of 104 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had the Tom Yum Seafood and the Tom Kha Shrimp to start, both were very good, though a little more tart than we usually like. I liked that we got a spring roll with the soup as it offset some of the tartness.

My husband had the Oyster Beef and it was very tasty though the sauce was a little runny. I had the Thai Hot Herb with Shrimp, again very good. Both were prepared to the spicy level we requested.

The service was attentive, the atmosphere nice and casual. All and all a good experience.

1  Thank Jan C

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been to several Thai restaurants around the Southeast and I will have to say this one has the best Thai I've ever tasted. The steamed dumplings had the lightest dough around them and were seasoned to perfection. I could not get enough of the Masaman curry chicken - it was the best I've ever had. I cannot speak for the rest of the menu but have heard others rave about this restaurant. If you are ever in the area you MUST GO!!! The prices are very reasonable!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We finished a manatee tour at Pete's Pier and were looking for some grub. On a whim, I turned into the strip mall right by the pier. The food here is OUTSTANDING!! We frequent an authentic Thai restaurant at home and this is the only place that has come close to being as good.

The atmosphere was friendly.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We read that this place was vegan-friendly so we went with high hopes. After telling the waitress I would like pad thai without the egg and fish sauce, she informed me that she could make it without the fish sauce, but not without the egg. This makes very little sense as the egg is supposed to be added fresh as you're sauteeing it, which would imply that it's been sitting around, but the restaurant was nowhere busy enough to justify pre-cooking any dish. After attempting to order a few more things while the waitress stumbled to understand, I eventually told her to just bring me something that could be made with no egg and no fish sauce.

The food that I got was fine, but not exceptional in any way.

2  Thank hannah r
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Small restaurant but always good food. I had the shrimp pad thi which was outstanding with a good spring roll. All of the other sea food dishes were very good too.

1  Thank proof08