“Great Bar BQ ”

Hardwood Smokehouse
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Crystal River
Description: Welcome to Hardwood Smokehouse Crystal River's locally owned and family operated BBQ Restaurant. We feature Competition-Style Barbecue thru our Low & Slow method of hardwood smoking. We serve our tasty and tender meats straight out of the smoker and leave the choice of sauce up to you. Limited Bar with Full Service Dinning and Patio Seating. Take out available.
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Best burnt ends ever. They have a lot of great Bar BQ to choose from. Have a beer and relax with your food. There are some tables outside if you want.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

Got the beef brisket sandwich and it was yummy. Tender and juicy. 3 sauces to select from, but if you want something really hot, ask them and they make it special.... They say it's very hot. Server was very attentive and the outside seating is awesome on a sunny day. Will be back.....

Reviewed April 10, 2018

I paid a visit here one Saturday evening @ 6 pm. It was busy but there was a good atmosphere. I was with my two young Sons 8 & 10 and we were seated at a high stool. It was very busy so the food took longer than usual to come out but our server kept us informed and apologised for the delay. The food was very good and plentiful. It was good value too and we enjoyed the experience. We would return, when in the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

This was our first time in Hardwood Smokehouse. We will definitely be going back. We started off with 2 appetizers...wings and creamed corn nuggets. The wings were exceptional. I am not a wing person but my husband is. And to be honest I don't like most smoked foods. Went here because my husband wanted to try it. Coming in the front door we were greeted so nicely by 3 people. This was a so so busy Saturday afternoon but even though they were fairly busy the people took time to greet us a joke with us. Now the wings. Wow I loved them. The flavor was so special and an great. My creamed nuggets may not be for everyone but I personally love them Remind me of my child hood and they were done perfectly. We shared a meal that was for 2 which included pork, beef, chicken and 1/2 side of ribs (your choice). Two sides. Someone mentioned the chikcen leg was not big. Well that is true but we had no problem with that. We were sharing and still had some left over to take home. You can choose your sauces, hot and spicy, mustard, sweet and mild. We both preferred mild. After getting our to go box we did try desert and each ordered the peach cobbler. We both were surprised. It was indeed home made. Usually if I order something like this in place you get something canned peaches and perhaps tastes like something Tasteycake might have made. The cobbler was topped with vanilla ice cream. My husband said it tasted like the home made cobbler his grandmother used to make. the service throughout was perfect. Our serve Angie came to our table throughout the meal. Not too often and not too little. Just enough. Very personable and was extremely helpful with our questions. I must add we did ask to same the St. Louis ribs. Why, because I usually detest them. I am always a baby back rib kinda person. St. Louis ribs "might" be tasty in some places but as a rule not anywhere as tender as a baby back. Wow, we were both so surprised. We each tried a St. Louis and the meat literally fell off the bone and melted in our mouths. Sooooo tender. My attitude about St. Louis ribs has now changed. We will definitely be going back. Happy with everything!!

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Newer restaurant, you'll expect it to be good when you get within 100' of it and you won't be disappointed. I've eater BBQ all over and this is the best ever, including sides. Huge portions, if you are not sure get the triple option and get a box for your next meal. The hoe cakes are awesome and the deep fried corn on the cob is a real treat, and not oily/greasy as you might expect. The pulled pork nachos are to die for, and a meal for two and they are listed as an appetizer!

Date of visit: March 2018